Anna here! I have been on a roll with the beach theme and today I have a simple, simple, beach towel for your dolls!
For your own unique towel, put these classic stripes in your favorite color combination! Don’t forget to add a simple shape to the middle to give it a little fun!
Let’s take a look at what we’ll need.
- 2 pieces of felt for the base (Mine are white and hard to see in this photo!)
- 2 or more pieces of felt for the towel design (I used 2 shades of pink, orange, and zebra print)
- glue (I used hot glue but feel free to use tacky glue or felt glue)
To get started you need to decided how long to make the beach towel. Lay out 2 pieces of felt overlapping them to get the right length. Extend the felt about 1 inch past the doll head and feet.
If you are making a towel for an 18″ doll here are the measurements I used. Overlap the 2 pieces of felt 1/2″. The finished length was 20″x 9″.
Using colorful felt, cut strips to cover the towel. Glue each strip down and then trim off any felt that hangs over the base.
Cut out a shape for the center of the towel. Mine is a heart but any simple shape would be fun. You could customize it with a star, flower, or your doll’s first initial!
Now let’s have some fun with it!
Julie is enjoying a day at the beach. She packed all of her favorite things. Sitting down on her new beach towel she sets the sand pail beside her. She’s excited to show her friends a couple of cool shells she found.
Now to relax in the sun and read a little!
It’s so comfortable and warm after a while she nods off.
Ahh, what a perfect day at the beach!
Just in case you are interested, here are a few more details from today’s post!
- Doll: Julie is an American Girl Historical Character.
- Outfit: Sundress is designed and sewn for dolls by Anna. Gold Sandals are from Springfield Collection. Headband tutorial.
- Scene: Books come with the mini American girl doll’s. “Sand” is felt. Sand Pail tutorial. Beach Bag tutorial. The rest of the scene was thrifted and crafted by Anna
Enjoy a day at the “beach” with your dolls!