This is a guest post from Molly W. If you would like to be featured on Doll Diaries visit our Get Featured page. I can not guarantee that every post that is submitted will be posted though – a lot has to do with timing and the quality of the post.
Hello Doll Diaries Readers! I’m so happy to be sharing this cute but fun Valentine’s Day craft to brighten up your dolly space.
You will need:
- Construction paper in Color A (I chose light pink)
- Construction paper in Color B (I chose red)
- A pencil
1. Take Color A and mark a rectangle 14″ long and 1 1/8″ wide. Cut 4 rectangles that size. Then cut four that are 12″ long and 1″ wide, and four that are 10″ long and 3/4″ wide.. Fold each piece in half lengthwise.
2. Take one 10″ piece (still folded) and insert inside the folded 12″ piece. Keeping these two together, put them inside the foled 14″ piece. Staple 1/2″ from the fold.
3. Fold these pieces down into a heart shape and insert the 4″ piece of paper in between. Staple 1/2″ from the edge. Punch a hole through the 4″ piece and string onto a ribbon. Hang in your favorite doll room. 🙂
About this post:
- Doll pictured is an A Life of Faith Elsie Dinsmore doll. She is wearing American Girl Emily’s sweater from the meet accessories, A Life of Faith shoes, socks, and underclothes, and I don’t remember where the dress came from.
- Doll bed is American Girl Molly’s “new” bed. Rug is a bandanna. Red pillow is made by me, although if you make Anna’s version without the ruffles, it should come out very similar.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
Thanks Molly for this fantastic post!!