Two More Ellowynes to Meet Thanks to Elizabeth

You all know I LOVE getting email from Doll Diaries readers, but what I LOVE even more is finding out that the photos and reviews I have shared with you have inspired  you to start a new collection, discover a new doll, try a craft or have made your day a little sunnier. One of the dolls I have really enjoyed discovering for myself and sharing with you is Ellowyne by Wilde Imagination. Today I received the second email in a week telling me that I inspired a reader to add Ellowyne to their collection. Here is the first one  – Sherie’s Ellowyne the Harpist and the second one is from Elizabeth - you have got to see these pictures!! Just stunning!!

In Elizabeth’s own words:

My name is Elizabeth and I’m 23. I’m a long time American Girl Doll fan and I’ve thoroughly been enjoying your blog. I love seeing all of the different dolls and people’s pictures of their dolls and getting the latest news in the doll world. However, this email is about Ellowyne! I’m really hoping you use it as a post on the Doll Diaries website.

Although I was aware that there was a doll named Ellowyne, I never thought of getting one until I saw the pictures of Ellowyne at Doll Diaries. She looked so curious and interested in what she was looking at that I had to have an Ellowyne too! Or perhaps I should say, Ellowyne “two” because I now have two lovely Ellowyne’s!

Ellowyne Wilde Imagination

The blond on the left is “A Bon Voyage” Ellowyne and I named her Alice. On the right is “Nothing Springs to Mind” and I have named her Ann. I bought them on Ebay without outfits since I could purchase both of them that way for less than the price of one dressed doll. They are currently wearing outfits from the Disney Princess & Me line at Toys R Us. Alice is wearing Belle’s Tea Party outfit and Ann is wearing Rapunzel’s Skating Outfit minus the coat. In the background is the American girl Grand Piano. Alice seems to have taken a musical turn and was inquiring about piano lessons.

Ellowyne Wilde Imagination

Initially the dresses didn’t fit this way when I first put them on the doll since the Princess & Me dolls are much wider than Ellowyne. However I just pulled the excess fabric at the back together and pinned it in place. If you try this at home, be very careful not to stick your self with pins. The dresses from this line are $25 and under and the tea party dresses are only $20 so for $20 you can have a really lovely outfit! Alice is all set for a lovely afternoon tea!

Ellowyne Wilde Imagination

This is Ariel’s Tea Party dress modeled by Ann. It has a sash in the back so I just tied it tightly and no pins were required to get the right fit!

Ellowyne Wilde Imagination

Here is Alice wearing Cinderella’s skating outfit. Alice thinks the Christmas tree is very pretty,
Ellowyne Wilde Imagination

Ann is wearing Tiana’s Skating outfit. Ann is Alice’s older sister.

Ellowyne Wilde Imagination

Here is Tiana’s Skating outfit without the coat.

Ellowyne Wilde Imagination

Here is Alice ready to say goodnight wearing Belle’s Nightgown. I love how these dolls pose so well which makes them very fun to photograph. Thanks Doll Diaries for inspiring me to get my beautiful new dolls!

THANK YOU Elizabeth for sharing your beautiful Ellowyne’s with us, and thanks for letting us know that they can wear other doll’s clothes as well. Now I have something to add to my own shopping list!

If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment, liking us on Facebook, or subscribing to the RSS feed updates via email or a Feedreader. Thanks!

Comments

1. Bella says:

first and love it

2. Christina says:

secondie! They are soooooo pretty

3. Misscpfreaks says:

Adoraable!!! They’re so cute! :)

~MissCpFreaks

4. Allyson says:

thirdie!!! Ann looks really pretty in the green skating outfit the green looks good with her hair.

5. Niah says:

I love the dresses! How lovely are the dolls?!?!? I now feel the need (deep want more like) to buy an ellowyne doll.

6. Chloe says:

Forthie, were can I get an ellowyne?

7. Chloe says:

Sorry fifthie

8. Char says:

Ellowyne dolls are expensive and they really are for junior collectors or adults. You can buy them at http://www.wildeimagination.com, http://www.fao.com, and you can also find them on ebay.

9. caroline says:

Char- I have been looking at previous Ellowyne posts and i was wondering, could there maybe be a contest for an Ellowyne? They look just beautiful to me! Thanks!

10. Chloe says:

Well u see my mom likes dolls she even makes some she was just curious about them

11. Char says:

Then she would love them!

12. Sarah says:

I love those dresses!

13. Princess Belle says:

Oh, Ellowyne is simply beautiful! And, I love the Belle Teaparty gown. Char, how much exactly is Ellowyne? Also, how can you purchase one? I have visited the website many times, and juts can’t seem to find the shopping page.

14. Char says:

Princess Belle – the Ellowynes are different prices depending on their outfits. When you are on the Wilde Imagination site click on the My Catalog button. Or go to FAO.com – they have some Ellowynes

15. Gail says:

both r lovely

16. Savanah says:

Oh now I really want the Nothing Springs To Mind Ellowyne

17. Rebekah says:

I really want an Ellowyne now!!! I love the dresses on them!!!

18. Elizabeth says:

Hi! I’m the Elizabeth who took these pictures:) I’m so happy you like my dolls! PrincessBelle, I just love Belle’s Tea Party dress too! It reminds me of the Felicity’s and Elizabeth’s dresses from American girl. And Savanah, luckily there are (or have been) several Nothing Springs to Mind Ellowynes on Ebay, so that would be a good place to check if you’ve completely fallen in love:) Ellowyne’s are kind of expensive. The dressed dolls are around $150 and a basic doll would be about $100 or a little more. So actually they cost just a bit more than an American Girl Doll. Right now they don’t have many of the basic dolls on the Wilde Imagination website but the new spring line of dolls is about to come out and there should be some new basics. The official Ellowyne outfits are a LOT more expensive than American Girl dolls outfits though. So an Ellowyne would be good for someone who either really likes these princess dresses or really likes sewing and making dresses. Shoes especially are very expensive for these dolls and my Alice and Ann currently don’t have any shoes. I told them they could either have shoes or maybe a new friend could join them next month and they said they’d like a new friend:)

19. granof4 says:

Elizabeth I love your dolls! They are both so beautiful but your Alice just takes my breath away. Thank-you for the idea of using the disney princess dresses on E.W. I have two E.W. dolls now and both came in undies, so clothes are needed. I did get one official E.W. dress, and several patterns and a few shoes, but now I have two wardrobes to do and another E.W. doll is calling my name! Using the disney dresses is a perfect solution. Your photos are great, thanks for sharing so many of the outfits on your girls; its nice to see how they all look.

20. Elizabeth says:

I was just checking the Toys R Us website and all of these outfits are on sale right now! The skating outfits are $20 and the Tea Part outfits are $17 and the sleep wear outfits are $13 and the ballerina outfits are $7. These dresses also fit BFC Ink dolls very nicely. I don’t know how long this sale is going to last, it might be just today or maybe it will go on for a bit. Anyway, I thought I would share.

21. Char says:

Thanks Elizabeth! Might need to go stock up.