Karen here! Today we are looking at our Dolls Shoe collections and I am starting with a funny story about my kitten Mia, every night she steals these three doll shoes from my doll shoe bin and wont play with cat toys!
I think doll shoes are one of the most fun items we have in our collections. Today we take a look at some of your collections!
If there was a prize for the most amount of doll shoes I think Madelon would win! This is just a small look into her doll shoe collection! “Honestly I did not think I had this many doll shoes!” says Madelon
Eva sent us this is a collage of shoes from the American Girl sports outfits. In the
top photo the shoes shown are from Isabelle’s Dance Barre(2014), McKenna’s
Team Gear(2012), Mia’s Accessories(2008), Nicki’s Ski Gear(2007), Jess’s
2-in-1 Kakaying Outfit(2006), and Kailey’s Wet Suit and Bikini(2003-4)On
the second row the shoes are from Maryellen’s Ice Skating Outfit(2015),
Molly’s Skates and Muffs(2006-13), Two-in-One Skating Set(2012-15), Roller
Skating Set(2012-15), Softball Set 11(2013-15), and the Bowling Team
Set(2009-12). On the thrid row the shoes shown are from the Cylcing
Outfit(2013-15), Tap Dance Outfit(2009-11), Skateboard set(2011-15),
Volleyball Set(2012-15), LaCrosse outfit and gear(2012-15), and the Soccer
Team Outfit(2015). Finnaly, on the bottom row, the shoes shown are from the
Basketball Outfit V(2015-), Two-in-One Track Outfit(2013-16), Tennis Skirt
Set(2011-13), Jazz Dance Outfit(2009-12), and the Snowboard and
SarahAndMolly here for the shoes week! I decided that it would be cool to
have a pair of human shoes for a size reference, so I included a pair of my
size 8 tennis shoes. In between them is a pair of (waterproof) Our
Generation boots that I got for my American Girl doll, Molly. The next row
has the saddle oxfords that came with her camp outfit (I do have the
original laces, but they were too long, and they were so slippery that they
never stayed tied, so I just replaced them with small diameter paracord),
the shoes that came with her tennis outfit, a pair of ballet flats that
came with a recital outfit, and the slippers I made her out of duct tape
and cardboard. The next row has the shoes that came with my Monster High
dolls, Abbey Bominable and Toralei Stripe; the shoes that came with my Ever
After High dolls, Poppy O’Hair, Madeline Hatter, and Raven Queen; and then
the shoes that came with the Rainbow Rocks Sunset Shimmer doll (My Little
Pony Equestria Girls). The last row has the only 3 pairs of shoes that I
could locate that belong to my Barbies; the pink tennis shoes on the end
are for 1 of my flat-footed Barbies. I also have an Our Generation mini
doll, but I forgot to put her shoes in the picture; they are about the same
size as the flat-foot Barbie shoes, but they can’t share because they’re
not quite the same size. Thanks for doing Throwback Thursday!
Priscilla sent in her photo of her shoes and it is so hard to pick a favorite!
In the first picture is my American Girl doll shoe collection. The second picture is my mini dolls, wearing there shoes (and a Funko Cinderella shoe).
Thank you to all of you who took time to send in so many amazing photos this week!
- May 19- Happy Birthday Kit (send in photo of Kit as May 19th is her birthday!)-Photos Due 5/11
- May 26- Happy Birthday Samantha and Cecile (Samantha is May 26, Cecile is May 28)-Photos Due 5/18
- June 2- Happy Birthday Kirsten (June 8th is Kirsten’s birthday) –Photos Due 5/31
- June 9- Swim Wear (Any doll in swim wear you choose!)-Photos Due 6/1
- June 16- Horses (Any doll horse you wish to show us, real one okay too!) –Photos Due 6/8
- June 23 – Happy Birthday Kaya (Her birthday is Summer)- Photos Due 6-15
- June 30- National Pride! (Canada Day is July 1, Indepenance Day is July 4th)- Photos Due 6/22
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Email your photo(s) to email@example.com (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY ADDY)
- Please RE-SIZE your photos to no more than 600 pixels wide. Feel free to watermark yourimageswhile you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week