American Girl Lindsey came out in 2001 and was originally promoted as a limited edition doll – not a Girl of the Year. She wasn’t a big hit at the time and many Lindsey dolls ended up being given away. It wasn’t until a few years later that the secondary market for Lindsey took off and she is now one of the hardest American Girl dolls to find and if you do find her, she usually goes for quite a pretty price.
From Heather H – I received Lindsey used from a neighbor and her hair has been cut really short, but I kind of like it that way. Here she is in her meet outfit.
And here she is riding her scooter with her backpack and laptop.
From Carol – Here is Lindsey as “Jill,” Molly’s older sister, listening to some swing music on the radio! She matches the description of Jill pretty well, and looks so cute in the 1940’s clothes, don’t you think?
From Mel – Lindsey wearing a retired scarlet and snow outfit.
While Lindsey is retired, you can still read her story by checking out Lindsey (An American Girl) by Chryssa Atkinson at your local library or you can purchase the book on Amazon.
Have you read Lindsey’s book? What do you like best about her and her collection?
Thanks to those who sent in photos!
UPCOMING THROWBACK THURSDAY THEMES
- January 15 – Retired baking accessories/furniture/outfits for ANY doll line. As long as it is retired it is fair game.
- January 22 – American Girl Kaya – since she has a small collection, you can submit photos of her collection even if it is not retired
- January 29 – Retired American Girl winter gear and accessories (modern, GOTY or historical)
HOW TO PARTICPATE
- Email your photo(s) to email@example.com (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY BAKING)
- Feel free to watermark your images while you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week.