This week we are celebrating both Molly and Felicity’s birthdays! Thank you to Linda R for sending in this weeks feature photo!
|“Happy Birthday Molly! Although I do not own a Molly doll,When I ordered a preloved Samantha, she arrived with Molly’s school outfit. My husband bought me Molly’s bed and bedding that came out in 2013, as a limited edition, and retired the same year with Molly’s archival. It originally cost $94.00, but I believe he got it half price. While thrifty shopping, I spotted a lunch sized zip lock bag for $3.99, in it were various doll clothes. The bag of clothes contained Molly’s swimsuit, sandals, towel and sunglasses . The only things missing were her beach ball And shell necklace. These are both Samantha dolls. One I found thrifty shopping for only $4.20!”|
SarahAndMolly here, wishing Molly and Felicity a very happy birthday! In
this picture, Molly is standing out in my yard in her tennis outfit. It
was a limited edition outfit from 1996 or ’97. I don’t know if it came
with sock, but if it did, then I don’t own them. The lighting outside was really good, so I decided to take a close-up
picture of her face (since I missed the eyes Throwback Thursday…my bad).
Her bangs are so thick, it’s hard to get them to not be casting a shadow,
but I sort of succeeded this time. ren’t her grey eyes pretty? My Molly
is from 1995 or ’96, I believe. I am actually the second person to own
her; I got her for Christmas when I has 8, way back in 2002. I love her a
lot. Here’s Molly, reading my copy of “Happy Birthday, Felicity!” The necklace
Molly is wearing is her locket that she came with. The sunglasses are Our
Generation. You should always do your best to take good care of your
eyes! I was never fortunate enough to get any of Lissie’s set, but I do
have her books. I also named one of my cats Felicity! If you’d like to
see what she looks like, go here:
for doing Throwback Thursday!! It’s one of my FAVOURITE features!!
Madelon shared this photo of Elizabeth helping celebrate Felicity’s birthday!
Molly is wearing the pinafore I made for her using the AG pattern. Felicity is all ready to celebrate with her birthday dress and pinner apron, her grandmotherâ€™s guitar, and Posie.
From Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- April 28– Happy Birthday Julie (May 1st is her birthday so let’s celebrate now with fun photos!) –Photos due 4/20
- May 5- Furniture (send in photos of your dolls furniture collection) -Photos Due 4/27
- May 12- Doll Shoes (send in photos of your dolls shoes, or shoe collection) –Photos Due 5/4
- May 19- Happy Birthday Kit (send in photo of Kit as May 19th is her birthday!)-Photos Due 5/11
- May 26- Happy Birthday Samantha and Cecile (Samantha is May 26, Cecile is May 28)-Photos Due 5/18
- June 2- Happy Birthday Kirsten (June 8th is Kirsten’s birthday) –Photos Due 5/31
- June 9- Swim Wear (Any doll in swim wear you choose!)-Photos Due 6/1
- June 16- Horses (Any doll horse you wish to show us, real one okay too!) –Photos Due 6/8
- June 23 – Happy Birthday Kaya (Her birthday is Summer)- Photos Due 6-15
- June 30- National Pride! Canada Day is July 1, Indepenance Day is July 4th)- Photos Due 6/22
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Email your photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY ADDY)
- Please RE-SIZE your photos to no more than 600 pixels wide. Feel free to watermark yourimageswhile you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week