American Girl Marisol was the first Girl of the Year that I purchased for Megan and Marisol was also the first Girl of the Year who sold out before she was retired. Marisol Luna, released in 2005, is a story about a Latina girl who lives in downtown Chicago and then moves to the suburbs. She loves dance and her collection featured beautiful dance outfits, a dance trunk and a spotlight stage that allowed her to spin.
Our Marisol is currently packed away but you can see her and the items we have from her collection in the Throwback Thursday post I did in 2012 – Marisol GOTY 2005. Marisol is definitely one of my absolute favorite dolls.
And now for the photos our readers have sent in:
Madelon’s Marisol models her Shimmery Jazz Top and Jazz Pants.
From Eva K. – This is a photo of Marisol GOTY 2005 dancing on Isabelle’s dance bar (2014). Fun fact: Marisol was the GOTY 10 years ago and cost $87 dollars! Ten years later GOTY 2015 Grace is $120 dollars!
UPCOMING THROWBACK THURSDAY THEMES
- March 12 – Retired IRISH inspired dolls or outfits – any brand, any size doll
- March 19 – Any of American Girl Caroline – she is not retired yet, but being a historical doll, she qualifies as a Throwback
- March 26 – Retired EASTER inspired dolls or outfits – any brand, any size doll
HOW TO PARTICPATE
- Email your photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY IRISH)
- Feel free to watermark your images while you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week.