So we kind of have two Throwback Thursday themes going today thanks me not following my own notes a few weeks back. Think of it as two throwbacks in one! We have retired floral outfits and your first doll today.
Starting with retired florals…
From Eva K – This is a photo of MAG#14 wearing the Flower garden dress(2011-2012). MAG#35 is wearing the newly retired easy breezy outfit. Finally MAG#23 is wearing the garden party outfit(2004-2005).
Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful mothers!! From Wendy at weebiedolls and Ruthie!
From Madelon – the middle dress is Dollie and Me.
McKenna’s dress (not AG) also came with a matching girl dress.
Jess and Kanani
Grace’s retired dress is from Our Generation.
Elizabeth wears a floral EBay dress while Felicity celebrates in her meet dress.
Nicki in a flowered Ebay purchase
And now for your first doll…
This is my first doll, American Girl Look Alike, Julie. She is wearing the retired look alike meet outfit and the blonde braided headband. She is already preparing for next Christmas by looking up fun and yummy doll treats in her book! –From Ella
?Hi! This is SarahAndMolly! The picture is of my first Barbie doll, Ariel. She is a pink Picture Pocket Barbie with blue eyes, light skin, and blonde hair. The shirt is the one she came in, and she also came in a matching skirt and pink tennie shoes. The shirt and skirt had clear plastic pockets on the front, and in the back of the box there was a cardboard sheet of pop-out pictures to go in the pockets. I got her for Christmas when I was…I think 5, which was in 1999. The Picture Pocket Barbies were available, if I remember correctly, from when I was about 4 to 6 years old, so 1998 to 2000. I bought those pants at a garage sale many years later. Her hair is a matted mess, but I love her. Thanks for doing Throwback Thursdays! I love them!
UPCOMING THROWBACK THURSDAY THEMES
- May 14 – Retired American Girl Marie Grace and Cecile and their collection
- May 21 – Throwback to a craft or photo you took during any of the previous summer’s Camp Doll Diaries (let’s see all those Camp Doll Diaries shirts, pins, crafts and goodies)
- May 28 – Retired American Girl of the Year Mia
- June 4 – Celebrate the start of summer with retired American Girl doll bathing suits & swim accessories
HOW TO PARTICPATE
- Email your photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY FIRST DOLL)
- Feel free to watermark your images while you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week.