I remember the buzz that American Girl created when they debuted the Girl of the Year 2007 Nicki Fleming. I also remember reading the Nicki books with Natalie when she was just starting to read on her own – they are definitely my favorite stories still (well, besides Chrissa). Today we take another look back at Nicki’s collection.
From Heather – Here are Kit, Kirsten, and Nicki modeling my Nicki collection.
From Eva K. – This is a photo of Saige wearing Nicki’s meet outfit (2007). Next to her Nicki is wearing her ski outfit (2007). She is modeling with her ski gear (2007). Finally MAG#36 is wearing Nicki’s tie top & shorts from 2007.
From Kathleen – I got Ana (a re-named Nicki doll) a few years ago. She didn’t come with her meet or any of her clothes, and we haven’t accumulated any, so we just have her. She’s a gorgeous doll! I took this picture in Jan/Feb 2014. It’s been edited a bit, but I haven’t done many photoshoots of her. You can hear more about Becca Ana and my other dolls here!
From Madelon – Nicki enjoys a trip to the park.
We have featured Nicki before! Check out these two Throwback Nicki posts for even more Nicki goodness!
UPCOMING THROWBACK THURSDAY THEMES
- May 7 – CHANGE – retired floral dresses from any brand
- May 14 – Retired American Girl Marie Grace and Cecile and their collection
- May 21 – Throwback to a craft or photo you took during any of the previous summer’s Camp Doll Diaries (let’s see all those Camp Doll Diaries shirts, pins, crafts and goodies)
- May 28 – Retired American Girl of the Year Mia
HOW TO PARTICPATE
- Email your photo(s) to email@example.com (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY FIRST DOLL)
- Feel free to watermark your images while you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week.