So, I am easily amused! Today’s Throwback Thursday theme is Dance and it just so happens that both of my daughters are in their tap class right now and I am getting ready to go teach acro for dancers for the next few hours! While we are in a dancing mood let’s take a look at some of our favorite retired doll dance outfits and accessories.
From Heather – Henriette has packed up her things and is about to walk out of ballet class but stops to watch the older girls practice. Alissa and Henriette are both wearing Magic Attic ballet sets and in the middle, Katie is wearing the first ballet outfit release from American Girl in 1996.
From Eva K – This is a photo of Isabelle with her tutu and rosette leotard (2014). Next to her is Saige with Isabelle’s sparkly short, funky leggings, and coral sweater (2014). After her I have mag#14 in the Jazz dance outfit (2009-2012). Then there is Chrissa with Isabelle’s purple leotard, dance skirt, leg warmers and wrap sweater (2014.) Mag#17 has the tap dance outfit(2009-2011). Laine has Isabelle’s practice top and and scrunch pants (2014). Finally Molly has her tap dance outfi t(2006-2013 edition).
From Rebecca – Isabelle in her retired dance leotard.
From Nikki – This is a picture of my dolls Cindy, wearing her ballet meet outfit (I don’t have the shoes because I got her on Ebay and she didn’t come with them). It’s got a frilly pink headband, a netted tutu that ties on at the back, and a sleeveless pale pink leotard with a frilly trim. It doesn’t show, but the whole outfit is glittered with a beautiful semi-transparent glitter that catches the light in a very pretty way. Cindy’s a retired Berenguer Classmate doll (I think from the ’90s), and she probably has an official name, but since I don’t know what that is, I named her Cindy, after Cindy Brady (I think she looks like her).
UPCOMING THROWBACK THURSDAY THEMES
- March 5 – Retired GOTY Marisol
- March 12 – Retired IRISH inspired dolls or outfits – any brand, any size doll
- March 19 – Any of American Girl Caroline – she is not retired yet, but being a historical doll, she qualifies as a Throwback
HOW TO PARTICPATE
- Email your photo(s) to email@example.com (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY MARISOL)
- Feel free to watermark your images while you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week.