We are celebrating St. Patrick’s Day early with today’s Throwback Thursday post! I love Ireland and have visited it many times – so dolls decked out in Irish inspired outfits always make me smile.
From Heather H – Only the 2 dolls on the ends are wearing retired outfits: Lissie is in her riding habit, and Sara is wearing a Magic Attic dress. The girls in the middle are wearing Celtic gowns made by Carpatina.
Also from Heather – This is an incomplete American Girl retired Irish dance outfit that Nellie is wearing.
Madelon’s dolls are ready for St. Patrick’s Day in one of a kind dresses.
From Eva K. – This is a photo of Nellie (2004-2009) wearing her Irish dance outfit of today. This outfit was part of the dance outfits of today that American Girl did in 2005. You got a girl sized accessory (like a headband) plus trading cards with the outfit for only $28!
UPCOMING THROWBACK THURSDAY THEMES
- March 19 – Any of American Girl Caroline – she is not retired yet, but being a historical doll, she qualifies as a Throwback
- March 26 – Retired EASTER inspired dolls or outfits – any brand, any size doll
- April 2 – Retired American Girl of the Year Jess and any of her collection
HOW TO PARTICPATE
- Email your photo(s) to email@example.com (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY CAROLINE)
- Feel free to watermark your images while you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week.