Today’s Throwback Thursday is all about retired American Girl Historical Characters, Cécile and Marie Grace. While I think parts of their collection are just gorgeous, some how American Girl missed the mark on a lot of it and they just were not big sellers. Did you get any of their collection? What were your favorite items?
I just snapped this photo of our Cécile this morning. She is a special doll to me because one of our amazing readers gifted her to me. Cécile is wearing her night clothes and is standing by Marie-Grace’s Nightstand. The pitcher and some of the small accessories for it are still packed away.
From Eva K – This is a photo of Cécile wearing her parlor outfit(2011-2014). She is sitting on her parlor desk(2010-2014). On top of the desk I have the glassware and treats(2012-2013). Marie-Grace is wearing her meet outfit and next to her Addy is wearing Cécile’s meet outfit. Next to them Samantha is wearing Cécile’s nightgown(2011-2014). Finally Kirsten is wearing Marie-grace’s nightgown.
From Erin R – This is my beautiful Kira Eloise. I got her for my 12th birthday back in October 2011 (just a month after she came out). I still think to this day that she was the first Marie-Grace doll to live in Australia (and I’m probably right).
Also from Erin R – An Australian American Girl Fan
From Suzanne – This is my Cecile and Marie Grace book collection so far. The paper doll book is in the background with 3 books from the main series in front. I also have two mystery books and both mini dolls. All items were purchased on clearance from American Girl.
From Sapphire – This is a picture of my doll Rue-Ceile (AKA Cecile) she is wearing the MAG meet outfit shirt, American girl’s retired fancy red watch, and a jean skirt from ABC distributing. Cecile is my first doll that I got from the American girl store.
From Erin – I did this photo for a FaceBook event. I made the dresses Marie-Grace, Cecile, and Molly are wearing. The tea set I had bought some time ago at a Titanic store. The chair, table, and food were from my mom’s collection before she passed away.
From Andrea – Saige is opening up mini Cecile (2011-2014) and her mini book.
From Farrah Lily: Mini Cecile took a stroll with me through the woods the other day and she loved watching the geese and deer grazing in the field. She’s a lovely walking companion.
From Hope – ?This photo is from Christmas time. Cecile is posing by their Christmas tree. She is wearing her Special dress, which she wears on special occasions. Hope from All Things Doll
Thanks to all who sent in photos today!
UPCOMING THROWBACK THURSDAY THEMES
- May 21 – Throwback to a craft or photo you took during any of the previous summer’s Camp Doll Diaries (let’s see all those Camp Doll Diaries shirts, pins, crafts and goodies)
- May 28 – Retired American Girl of the Year Mia
- June 4 – Celebrate the start of summer with retired American Girl doll bathing suits & swim accessories
- June 11 – Retired American Girl Kirsten
HOW TO PARTICPATE
- Email your photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY CAMP)
- Feel free to watermark your images while you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week.