Today’s Throwback Thursday theme is baking and I really thought we would have more entries! First we have a photo from Heather and the rest are photos from our collection.
From Heather H – Kirsten is busy baking cupcakes from American Girl baking items of 2007 and 2010.
From Nonna – This is Jenny’s Baking Set from OG which no one else seemed to feature so I thought you might still like it.
In 2007, AG released the Sweet Treats Bakery and Sweet Treats Accessories. We got the Bakery – which matches Grace’s Pastry Cart – but not the accessories set.
This is the Sweet Treats Bakery set up for Valentine’s a few years ago in Natalie’s old room.
Gwen and Maplelea Saila are doing some baking in this scene too – although they have added items from The Queen’s Treasures, too. Saila is wearing the apron that was a store exclusive years ago.
In 2009 I visited the Chicago store and they used the Sweet Treats Bakery Set in a window display. It is so nice to see Felicity and Elizabeth in the display, too.
I hope you enjoyed seeing a few photos from the DollDiaries vault.
UPCOMING THROWBACK THURSDAY THEMES
- January 22 – American Girl Kaya – since she has a small collection, you can submit photos of her collection even if it is not retired
- January 29 – Retired American Girl winter gear and accessories (modern, GOTY or historical)
- February 5 – American Girl GOTY Kailey
HOW TO PARTICPATE
- Email your photo(s) to email@example.com (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY KAYA)
- Feel free to watermark your images while you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week.