American Girl’s Girl of the Year 2008, Mia, is one of the dolls I wished we had purchased but some how didn’t. Her story is about growing up with three older brothers who are passionate about hockey but she really wants to pursue figure skating. Thankfully we had quite a few Doll Diaries readers who did get Mia and were kind enough to share their photos with us today.
From Alexa – Here is most of my Mia collection- on the far left Josefina and Saige are wearing “Mia’s 2-in-1 Skate Outfit”, Addy is wearing “Mia’s Performance Outfit”, Mia is in her meet outfit, Jayden (JLY #7) is wearing “Mia’s Silver Skate Dress”, and Nellie on the right end is wearing “Mia’s Practice Outfit”! In front is “Mia’s Skate Bag” and her “Purple Ice Skates”. I seem to have misplaced “Mia’s Pajamas”! My blog is www.innerstarag.blogspot.com . My Instagram is @elevendollstars.
From Eva K – This is a photo of mag#37 on the left wearing Mia’s practice outfit (2008). Next to her Mia is wearing her meet outfit and modeling with her meet accessories (2008). Mag#35 is wearing her performance outfit (2008). Finally Mag#35 is wearingMia’s pajamas (2008).
Madelon’s Mia wearing an Our Generation dance costume.
From Heather – Mia had some fun playing in the puddles after it rained yesterday! She is wearing the Pretty Print Outfit, which came out in 2007 and retired in 2009. You can really see how pretty her hazel eyes are!
Do you have Mia? Have you read her book? What is your favorite piece from her collection?
UPCOMING THROWBACK THURSDAY THEMES
- June 4 – Celebrate the start of summer with retired American Girl doll bathing suits & swim accessories
- June 11 – Retired American Girl Kirsten
- June 18 – Retired American Girl pets that are NOT cats or dogs
- June 25 – Retired AG GOTY Chrissa and her friends Gwen & Sonali
HOW TO PARTICPATE
- Email your photo(s) to email@example.com (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY SWIM)
- Feel free to watermark your images while you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week.