American Girl Kaya is the focus of this week’s Throwback Thursday – not so much from the standpoint of looking at retired items from her collection, but as a real look back at history!
Julie used her Kaya as part of a school project from the looks of it.
From Karina – This is my Kaya doll in her Deerskin Outfit, which is still available. I think she looks so pretty in this outfit! I can’t remember exactly when I received Kaya, but I believe it was sometime in 2003-2006.
From Heather H – Kaya and Rose (Magic Attic Doll) decided to go for a ride in the woods.
From Carol M – Beautiful Kaya, with her corralled horses last Spring.
Also from Carol M – Kaya as Mariana, Josefina’s Acoma Indian friend.
And one more from Carol M – Kaya at her camp, with all her animals and gear.
From Hope H – My niece sitting beside Kaya’s tent at the Orlando AG store to show how big it is! The tent is huge!
From Sarah – This is my Kaya doll, I received her as a hand-me down from my older sister’s friend, and I was about 12 so I decided to take out her braids, I recently renamed Kaya to Remedy Grace “Remy” Lewis and at some point this year she will be rewigged with a wig that will be dyed orange, just as soon as I can find a perfect blonde wig to dye.
The next set of photos are from AGElephantLover:
Here’s Kaya in her meet outfit with her accessories.
A closer look at her accessories.
In her Deerskin Outfit and her food set.
A closer look at the food set.
This is also from Madelon. This is not Kaya’s fawn, but she looks really cute with her!
UPCOMING THROWBACK THURSDAY THEMES
- January 29 – Retired American Girl winter gear and accessories (modern, GOTY or historical)
- February 5 – American Girl GOTY Kailey
- February 12 – Retired American Girl Valentine outfits and accessories
HOW TO PARTICPATE
- Email your photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY WINTER)
- Feel free to watermark your images while you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week.