The focus of this week’s Throwback Thursday post is American Girl historical character Josefina. While she is not retired, her story is from long ago which means her entire collection qualifies for a throwback.
From Jen & Brianna at Dolls Between Us: The New Mexico sun was hot on Josefina’s face as she tended the horno. (PC Josefina in Josefina’s Summer Outfit).
From Sarah – This Josefina means a lot to me, because she was actually one of the first AG dolls I was exposed to, she is my 11th doll, but she was a gift from my cousin when she moved out her parent’s house, she didn’t want her anymore and didn’t have anymore space, so she gave her to me! She wasn’t in the best shape but I still love my Josefina!
From Heather H – Here is Kaya wearing Josefina’s birthday outfit, Miranda in her Christmas dress, and Josefina in her meet outfit.
From Sydney – Josefina (I renamed her Opal) is wearing the 60’s Hippie Outfit (1998-2001).
From Eva K. – This is a photo of MAG#50 wearing Josefina’s dress and vest(2011-2015). MAG#13 is wearing Josefina’s classic meet outfit. Josefina is wearing her feast outfit(1998).Kanani is wearing Josefina’s nightgown(1997). And finally Marisol is wearing Josefina’s summer outfit(1997).
From Hope – Morissa is modeling Josefina’s old meet outfit. Morissa(MAG doll with black-brown hair, blue eyes, and medium skin) looks pretty in many of Josefina’s clothes! <3Hope from All Things Doll!
From Wendy – Josefina in the morning light.
Josefina from Madelon.
Madelon’s Josefina in her night shift.
UPCOMING THROWBACK THURSDAY THEMES
- April 23 – Retired items that have to do with Earth Day, gardening or exploring the outdoors
- April 30 – Retired American Girl of the Year Nicki
- May 7 – In honor of Mother’s Day – retired floral dresses or outfits
HOW TO PARTICPATE
- Email your photo(s) to email@example.com (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY EARTHDAY)
- Feel free to watermark your images while you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week.