UPDATED with winner!! Congrats to Lisa K – you are the winner of the DVD giftset.
So, I know this is not doll-related, but since we are celebrating all things royal today and I know that these are both super girly movies that everyone will love, how about a quick giveaway today?
To commemorate the 10th anniversary of two of our favorite movies, Disney has released a special movie collection featuring, The Princess Diaries: 10th Anniversary Collection (The Princess Diaries & The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement) and we get to give one set away to a lucky reader.
Starring Academy Award®-Winning Actress Julie Andrews (Best Actress, Mary Poppins, 1964) and Academy Award-Nominated Actress Anne Hathaway (Best Actress, Rachel Getting Married, 2008), these two heartwarming and hilarious movies will touch your heart. As the future queen of Genovia, Princess Mia has everything a girl could want – except the enchanting romance she’s always dreamed of. Comic complications rule the day in these delightfully engaging stories about finding out who you really are and discovering what it takes to make your dreams come true!
The Princess Diaries Film Synopsis: Mia Thermopolis is the average teenager – sweet, a little geeky and pretty much invisible to everyone with the exception of her mother, best friend Lilly and Lilly’s older brother Michael. Making it through high school without throwing up is a challenge in itself for Mia, so it doesn’t come as welcome news when her estranged grandmother shows up out of the blue and calmly informs her that she is in fact the heir to the throne of a European country called Genovia. Suddenly Mia’s life is thrown into complete overload. She’s being taught about scarves, waves and pears in order to become a perfect princess, she gets a makeover and a tough looking yet sweet bodyguard/limo driver called Joe. Things get out of hand when the media gets a hold of the story and suddenly Mia is thrust into the spotlight in both the newspapers and in school. On top of all that Mia has a choice to make. She must decide by Genovia’s Independence Day Ball whether she longs to relinquish her claim on the throne or to become the princess and heir to the throne and father and grandmother want her to be.
The Princess Diaries 2 Film Synopsis: Starring the irresistible Anne Hathaway and Academy Award winner Julie Andrews (Best Actress, Mary Poppins), this modern-day fairy tale picks up right where The Princess Diaries left off! As future queen of Genovia, Princess Mia (Hathaway) has everything a girl could want – except the magical romance she’s always dreamed of. But soon, Mia’s shocked to discover that she needs to get married right now or her family will lose the crown! Comic complications rule the day in this delightful family story about finding out who you really are and discovering what it takes to make your dreams come true!
So, how do you win a copy for your very own?
- Mandatory entry – leave a comment below letting us know how you would react if suddenly you found out you were a real princess of a country and how you would like it.
- Get bonus entries by letting your friends know about our giveaway. Get one extra entry for each of the following, but come back and leave a second comment telling us where you shared it:
- Post about it on your own blog, in a forum, tweet about it or share it with your friends on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter (we are @DollDiaries) – please send us a tweet letting us know you are following us and introduce yourself, too.
- Like us on Facebook (we are DollDiaries) – again, feel free to leave us a note on Facebook saying hello and that you are entering the giveaway.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channels (DollDiaries)
- Follow the DollDiaries board on Pinterest
- Leave your comment(s) no later than midnight June 7, 2012.
- Make sure your email address is right. We only use it to contact the winner and we will NEVER share it or publish it.
- You must be 13 or older to enter. If you are under 13, just ask your parent, grandparent, favorite aunt or uncle to enter for you!
- We will be using the “And the winner is” plugin to select one (1) winner at random.
Here is a video of one of my favorite scenes from the original Princess Diaries movie, showing Mia’s transformation: