Good morning! What a busy few weeks we have had – there was no Sunday Showcase last week because we were in Mexico celebrating my brother’s wedding. A big thank you to Karen for getting the Dolloween Parade posts up while we were gone, too! I just found a batch of Dolloween photos that did not get posted. I will post them this evening and then post the winners shortly after that. Thanks to everyone who sent in photos.
Now, let’s see what your dolls have been up to.
From Fawn – In honor of her Hispanic heritage, Vivienne is dressed up as Catrina, one of the most popular figures of the Day of the Dead celebration in Mexico. This holiday, celebrated on November 1 (All Saints Day) focuses on gathering of family and friends to pray for and remember loved ones who have died. A common symbol of the holiday is the skull, calavera in Spanish. Vivienne is wearing a calacas or skull mask. To learn more visit http://www.mexicansugarskull.
From Madelon – Still in the Halloween spirit.
From Mimi – 3 Generations of Mary Poppins – Mimi, Granddaughter and Doll. (Note from Char – Mimi, I wished you lived close by!! Natalie is in a production of Mary Poppins at the end of November – she is playing the part of Queen Victoria and a chimney sweep dancer.)
From Dolldays – Does your doll need a new friend? Maybe a cute, cuddly, adorable puppy? If so, head on over to Dolldays.com for your chance to win Girl of the Year Grace’s french bulldog, Bonbon! She’s brand new and needs a home. Will YOU be her new owner?
We are headed out to see the show Newsies – I hope you have something fun planned for the day! Thanks to all who sent in photos and if you would like to see your photo in Sunday Showcase next week, follow these simple instructions:
We love seeing what you make for your dolls, adventures they have, and great finds. If you would like to submit your photo for next week’s Sunday Showcase, here are the basics:
- RESIZE your photos to 540 pixels wide (this is easy to do using our favorite photo editing site Picmonkey and it saves me valuable time and web server resources)
- Email your photo to email@example.com (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Put “SUNDAY SHOWCASE” in the subject line (I get a ton of email & this will help ensure yours makes it in)
- Make sure you include a description or caption for your photos
- Please just send in ONE photo per week for the Sunday Showcase so I can include everyone’s photos. If you have something longer or want to submit more photos visit the Get Featured page.
Have a great week!!