Happy Sunday! Did you have a good Thanksgiving and have you been out shopping, too? Today is the last performance of Mary Poppins for Nat and it is definitely bittersweet.
We have some great photos from the Doll Diaries community this morning! Enjoy and thanks to all who sent them in.
From Erin – I made a one of a kind 1914 doll dress out of vintage fabric. I think it looks rather pretty on Cecile. I have it available in my Etsy shop here. https://www.etsy.com/listing/
From Fawn – Here is the picture of the 24 dolls I rescued and restored this past year. They will be given away this Christmas to local little girls in need. Each baby dolls comes with a bed, blanket and bottle. Each 18″ doll comes with a blanket, change of clothes, pjs, brush, glasses and a mini stuffed animal. I’ve had so much fun thrifty shopping, restoring and sewing this year. I have to give credit to Sheryl Hagan Booth of The Broken Doll for inspiring me to do so. It is my prayer that 24 little girls will fall in love with these sweethearts on Christmas morning.
From Bella – Snow fun! My dolls had a snow day today! From left to right: McKenna in skis from a doll diaries tutorial , Saige on her horse, Kirsten ice skating, Emily on a sledding tube, Rebecca snowboarding, Lanie building a snowman, Kanani snowshoeing, Grace skiing in a dress my grandma and I repurposed, and Isabel snowboarding. Not pictured Elizabeth inside making hot chocolate for everyone.
From Molly H – The American Girl Dolls’ Thanksgiving Party with their little friend Apple Dumpling and Saige setting up the Christmas tree. We are all excited for the holidays!
From Madelon – Samantha and Nellie go boating.
From Victoria — This week I published a free 18 inch doll sized Christmas stocking pattern! Check it out on my blog here:
From Kristen L.– My dolls celebrated Thanksgiving with some delicious food! Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!
We love seeing what you make for your dolls, adventures they have, and great finds. If you would like to submit your photo for next week’s Sunday Showcase, here are the basics:
- RESIZE your photos to 540 pixels wide (this is easy to do using our favorite photo editing site Picmonkey and it saves me valuable time and web server resources)
- Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Put “SUNDAY SHOWCASE” in the subject line (I get a ton of email & this will help ensure yours makes it in)
- Make sure you include a description or caption for your photos
- Please just send in ONE photo per week for the Sunday Showcase so I can include everyone’s photos. If you have something longer or want to submit more photos visit the Get Featured page.
Have a great week!!