Happy Mother’s Day!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful day celebrating Moms today. We had a pretty special day blessing a family with a little one who is battling cancer – her wish was to meet Glinda and Dorothy from her favorite movie – Wizard of Oz. In conjunction with the theater group Natalie is part of, both of my girls were able to make that wish happen.
Glinda and Dorothy play follow the leader with this special little girl and her brother.
Now on to your photos!!
From Linda – My girls are having a sock hop to celebrate Maryellen’s birthday, May 7, 1945.
From Phoebe – Consuelo is enjoying a spring evening.
“Rain, rain, go away,
Come again another day,
Little Maddie wants to play,
Rain, rain, go away.”
SarahAndMolly here, with a sad Madeline Hatter. Maddie wants to go outside with her American Girl doll, Isabelle, but because of all the storms we’ve been having, she can’t. I reminded her that in the years that we don’t have lots of severe storms and tornadoes, we don’t get enough rain, but it’s still a bummer that she can’t go out and play…..
From AGPixieMixie – Megan loves posing for the camera, especially in her favorite outfit! You can check out more photos at my Instagram: https://www.
From Fawn – I won Maryellen in this past summer’s DD giveaway. Here she is with her record player and poodle skirt made using Linda Reynolds’ tutorials. Thank you Linda and DD. Happy birthday Maryellen!
From Cordelia – Marissa, dressed in the “Flight of Fantasy”, outfit from Maplelea is having great fun in the forest around her cabin. She has climbed a tree and is seated on a fungus growth, known as a “Dryad’s Saddle”. Here, she can sit quietly and watch the birds, squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits. She may see a deer or even a black bear!
From Madelon – Feels like it will never stop raining!
Saylor and McKenna were very busy this Saturday making their mom cards. Happy Mothers Day!
From Mimi -We had so much fun celebrating Cinco de Mayo! Our basket is filled with Muneca Quitapenas (worry dolls, tell your doll your worry put it under your pillow and she does the worrying while you sleep) and
Cascarones (egg shell filled with confetti that you crack over someone’s head and shower them with confetti to bring them good luck). We love our fiesta skirts that Mimi made for us! Ole!
We love seeing what you make for your dolls, adventures they have, and great finds. If you would like to submit your photo for next week’s Sunday Showcase, here are the basics:
- RESIZE your photos to 540 pixels wide (this is easy to do using our favorite photo editing site Picmonkey and it saves me valuable time and web server resources)
- Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Put “SUNDAY SHOWCASE” in the subject line (I get a ton of email & this will help ensure yours makes it in)
- Make sure you include a description or caption for your photos
- Please just send in ONE photo per week for the Sunday Showcase so I can include everyone’s photos. If you have something longer or want to submit more photos visit the Get Featured page.