It’s a lucky kind of a week starting with today – the 13th and celebrating St. Patrick’s Day later this week. And we are so lucky to have all these beautiful doll photos that were sent in by our readers today to get us started.
From Cordelia – Katherine and Rose are admiring all of the delicious looking treats they made. Soon they will be eating the treats and admiring their work even more! The backdrop to their kitchen is from the Newberry Dolls’ collection from Sears Canada and the tall white shelf unit is the Maplelea shoe shelf—a very versatile and well made piece.
From Fawn – The first Barbie doll went on display on March 9, 1959, at the American Toy Fair in New York City. Barbie was the first mass-produced toy doll in the United States with adult features. The woman behind Barbie was Ruth Handler, who co-founded Mattel, Inc. with her husband in 1945. To learn more go to www.history.com/this-day-in-
My Barbie is from the 1960’s with a bob hairdo inspired by First Lady Jackie Kennedy.
From Maya – Rebecca is enjoying her cake with her kitty, Ella. My blog: dolls123456789.blogspot.com
From the agdolldreamer – This week I have made my own blog on American girl dolls. This is a picture of all of my dolls. You can find my new American girl blog here.
From Lone Star Dolls: Emily had a great time with the warm weather! She decided to eat some delicious strawberry icecream! To bad now it’s raining and cold!!
From Emmie: Look who joined my doll family on Friday! Addy is such an awesome AG doll. I love her and totally recommend her!
We love seeing what you make for your dolls, adventures they have, and great finds. If you would like to submit your photo for next week’s Sunday Showcase, here are the basics:
- RESIZE your photos to 540 pixels wide (this is easy to do using our favorite photo editing site Picmonkey and it saves me valuable time and web server resources)
- Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Put “SUNDAY SHOWCASE” in the subject line (I get a ton of email & this will help ensure yours makes it in)
- Make sure you include a description or caption for your photos
- Please just send in ONE photo per week for the Sunday Showcase so I can include everyone’s photos. If you have something longer or want to submit more photos visit the Get Featured page.