Happy Sunday! Before I share the photos that were sent in over the past few weeks, I have a little update.
Many of you have noticed that the posting rate (among other things) on Doll Diaries has slowed dramatically this year. It has been a HARD year – one full of challenges I never expected to have to deal with. It has been an AMAZING year at the same time, filled with new opportunities for my girls and me. I have not been able to give the site the same attention and love I have been able to give it the past 9 years (yes, I have had this site since 2006!!!), and honestly, there have been days where I have considered walking away from it all. But I haven’t, and YOU are the reason why. You, my staff, the great companies I work with and even my daughters – it is the thanks, encouragement and understanding from the whole Doll Diaries community that has kept me going forward with the site.
So I apologize again for not posting last Sunday’s Showcase – all the photos are here today – and while we may not be posting two to three times a day like we used to, we are still here!
From Fawn – There’s no Black Friday shopping for Charlotte and Jaclynn. Instead they decide to hang the Christmas lights outside. Charlotte says to Jaclynn, “What were we thinking! We should have gone shopping.”
From Madelon – Ready for the Christmas ball!
From Tony – Kanani is on her way to dance class.
From Mimi – I was inspired by Jemma’s outstanding report on Pilgrim attire and made this outfit!
From Phoebe – Here’s Charlotte in front of the Christmas tree!
From Molly – Felicity came with my family & I to Williamsburg on Friday. She had lots of fun! Here she is enjoying the view on the porch outside our hotel.
From Victoria — My dolls Beth, Maggie, and Brooke had a fun time decorating a gingerbread house yesterday! My blog: http://
We love seeing what you make for your dolls, adventures they have, and great finds. If you would like to submit your photo for next week’s Sunday Showcase, here are the basics:
- RESIZE your photos to 540 pixels wide (this is easy to do using our favorite photo editing site Picmonkey and it saves me valuable time and web server resources)
- Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Put “SUNDAY SHOWCASE” in the subject line (I get a ton of email & this will help ensure yours makes it in)
- Make sure you include a description or caption for your photos
- Please just send in ONE photo per week for the Sunday Showcase so I can include everyone’s photos. If you have something longer or want to submit more photos visit the Get Featured page.
Have a great week!!