From Fawn – A Little St. Patrick’s Day history:
his is a photo of Charlotte(#47) on the top left wearing Josefina’s
Summer Riding Dress and Hat(1998- ). Next to her Olivia(#14) is wearing
Josefina’s Night Shift(1997-2015). Maple(#29) is wearing Josefina’s Feast
Day Finery(1998-). Josefina on the bottom left is wearing her meet outfit
and accessories. In the middle Nellie is celebrating St. Patrick’s Day
wearing her Irish Dance Outfit of Today(2005-2007). Finnaly, Coral(#12) is
wearing Josefina’s Dress and Vest(2011-2015). Happy Birthday Josefina and
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
|For Saint Patrick’s Day I dressed up my TrulyMe number 61 in a dress that I made.Â She looked so adorable I had to take some photographs.
Maria Josefina Montoya has been and will always be my favorite doll from the American Girl collection. I have always been fascinated by the Hispanic culture which includes their customs, food and outfits.
I have taken this particular doll and customized her to make her a slight bit older. I customized her hair by replacing her wig with beautiful black weft so her hair would be soft, long, stylable and more fun to brush. I also added brighter lips that goes with her beautiful dark skin tone. She has been so much fun to shop for with my daughter and also play with. We love Josefina in our collection so much. Happy birthday little lady. Josefina has and always will be my most favorite doll. I have always loved Hispanic culture and was automatically drawn to her. I first bought her as a “fixer-upper.” I took off her old wig and replaced it with new, silky weft and updated her face paint. She was my first doll as an adult and she is my favorite to this day of all my dolls. She gets plenty of play when my daughters, son and I play with our dolls. Feliz CumpleaÃ±os dear Jo!
This is Josefina renamed her Vanessa just made her this adorable dress for Easter. This is My Sweet Clara pattern. Just wanted to share ~ Nana Carm
UPCOMING THROWBACK THURSDAY THEMES
- March 24- Easter Photos –photos due 3/16
- March 31- Rebecca’s Birthday (her birthday is April 4th) –Photos due 3/23
- April 7- Addy’s Birthday (her birthday is April 9th)- Photos due 3/30
- April 14- Spring Wear (Any doll dressed for spring, retired AG, Maplelea, Springfield, Barbie, H4H….)-Photos due 4/6
- April 21-Happy Birthday Felicity and Molly (April 21, 22) –Photos due 4/13
- April 28– Happy Birthday Julie (May 1st is her birthday so let’s celebrate now with fun photos!) –Photos due 4/20
- May 5- Furniture (send in photos of your dolls furniture collection) -Photos Due 4/27
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Email your photo(s) to email@example.com (it must be your own photo – do not take photos from someone else’s site and submit them as your own)
- Be sure to put THROWBACK THURSDAY and the theme in your subject line (for example THROWBACK THURSDAY ADDY)
- Please RE-SIZE your photos to no more than 600 pixels wide. Feel free to watermark your imageswhile you are in Picmonkey (example: Photo by SusieQ for DollDiaries.com)
- Include a description of the doll, outfit, accessory in the photo and when it was available/retired (if you know it)
- By submitting your photos and content to Doll Diaries you are granting us permission to use them on our website and any of our associated social media accounts.
- We will do our best to include at least one photo from each person who submits Throwback photos each week