My daughters and I were walking through Michael’s craft store when my oldest grabbed my phone and took a picture of a St. Patrick’s Day banner she saw hanging up. She gave me that oh please mommy look and asked if I could make a banner for the dollhouse. Well of course!!
I loved the inspiration banner; it was a combination of a leprechauns suit with a pot of gold.
- Felt: dark and light green, yellow or gold, brown, white
- White embroidery thread if you choose to do your letter by stitch
- Popsicle stick
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Aleene’s Fabric Tape
- Sharpie or pen
1. Cut a 4 inch square of your light green felt.
2. Cut 1-1/4 inch by 4 inch strips of the darker green felt and glue to the sides of the light green square.
3. Draw a kettle/pot shape onto the brown felt, cut out and glue to the bottom of the green felt.
4. To make the pant buckles I drew a horseshoe shape onto the yellow fabric, cut, and glued it to the left and right sides of the brown felt.
5. A narrow piece of brown fabric was cut and glued over the top part of the pot to resemble the pot’s lip/edge.
6. A clover was drawn onto the dark green felt and cut out. Then 3 little green hearts were cut out of the light green felt. All pieces were glued into place on the front of the pot.
7. A green Popsicle stick was added to the back for stability.
8. I am not a good embroidery stitcher so I decided to freehand cut letters out of the white felt. These were glued into place.
9. Next I added a little gold glitter to several yellow buttons and let dry. Then these too were glued into place.
10. I happened to have on hand some scrap rainbow ribbon which I attached to banner with fabric tape. The rainbow then becomes the banner’s hook.
The rest of the dollhouse was decorated with items I have crafted before. I arranged a little St. Patrick’s Day party. A Dollar store necklace decorates the mantel. The dolls will enjoy tasty green frozen drinks. Clover cookies and Irish donuts await the party guests. For more information on these additional decorations see here:
Nellie is anxiously waiting for her guests to arrive! The doormat was made from a Google pic scaled down to a 4×6 picture size, printed, and glued to black thick foam paper.