Shannon’s American Girl Place New York Trip Report

The next best thing to going to and American Girl store on your own is to see the pictures and read about it from someone who did! One of our Facebook friends, Shannon, was so excited to be able to take her daughter to the American Girl Place in New York City – and she said the look on her daughter’s face was priceless when she found out she was going. Here are just a few of the pictures Shannon sent me to share with you. I tried to focus on the photos that show where AGPNY is a little different from some of the smaller stores like the one in Washington DC or Seattle.

American Girl Place New York Cafe

This is the cafe at the American Girl Place in New York. Like all the others, reservations are recommended. Another tip is to ask to be put on the wait list as soon as you arrive. The Cafe at the New York store is significantly bigger than the Bistros in the newer stores and it has great views. Shannon and her daughter didn’t eat there this time – maybe next time though.

American Girl Place New York

Because sometimes you just have to take pictures of this stuff! Shannon took a photo of the doll holders in the bathroom at AGPNY – yes, they all have them.

Getting ready to send a doll to the doll hospital

Shannon’s daughter’s MyAG #28 doll getting ready to go to the doll hospital. She’s looking forward to getting her back in 2-4 weeks. The look on her little face is just too precious – don’t worry sweetie, they’ll take good care of her!

AG Dreamy Day Bed

Her daughter was excited to see the Dreamy Doll Bed in the store as she got one of her own for Christmas.

American Girl Place New York

Posing in front of an Innerstar U display with all the My AG dolls in the background.

American Girl Kaya

The beautiful Kaya with her horse and animals.

AGOTY 2012 McKenna

Like much of McKenna’s collection, her practice outfit and bars/beam set are out of stock. I am so glad I got the gymnastics equipment when it first came out.

American Girl McKenna

The McKenna window display at American Girl Place New York.

American Girl New York

At the American Girl Place New York they have a special area of the store dedicated to all the American Girl pets.

American Girl pets

From left to right – Coconut, Ginger, Pepper, Chocolate Chip, Honey and Sugar.

American Girl NY Photo Studio

One of the things the New York store has that the smaller stores does not is a photo studio. You can have your daughter’s photo taken with her doll and then have a magazine cover created from it.

AGPNY raincoat

The look on Shannon’s daughter’s face in this photo is priceless. I can’t tell whether she is so excited to see Sugar in her rain gear or whether she is horrified. It was too cute not to share.

American Girl shower set

I don’t know about you but it looks a little crowded in that bathroom ;-)

American Girl Place NY pets

Sharing a special moment with Pepper who is getting ready for a hike.

American Girl tent set

Shannon’s daughter playing with the new tent set – the lantern is mighty cute.

American Girl shopping

Whew!! That is one big bag!! I would say the day was a success.

Thanks so much Shannon for sharing these awesome photos of your day at the American Girl Place in New York and your too cute for words daughter!

If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment, liking us on Facebook, or subscribing to the RSS feed updates via email or a Feedreader. Thanks!

Comments

1. Natalia says:

Oh my gosh! SOOOO cute!

2. Princess Belle says:

That is so sweet in the picture of her doll going to the hospital…. :) I would like to go to an American Girl store someday.

3. Grace says:

Thrirdie! That looks like so much fun!

4. Anastasia says:

I am going to the Atlanta AG place sometime soon! : D

5. Rebekah says:

I went to the NYC store over the summer but I didn’t know there were 4 floors I thought there were only 3 so I missed the bitty baby’s the bitty twins and the Bistro! But I still had a lo of fun!!!

6. Megan says:

sooooo awesome!!

7. Brianna says:

I went to ag nyc to! It was awsome, i went on monday

8. Hayley says:

That seems like soooo much fun And the beam and bar and the practice outfit is sold out on line to?

9. Caitlin says:

What did she buy there?

10. Char says:

Caitlin – I was wondering the same thing. I will ask her.

11. Kim Decker says:

That’s my granddaughter on her trip there to amgny. She got Mckenna, Chocolate chip & other accessories for both of them. I also enjoyed myself TOO!!!!!!!

12. Kellee says:

Too cute. :) Looks like she had fun… The store has sure changed since I was there last. :)

13. agisthebest says:

cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    shannons daughter is too cute!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Georgia says:

Aww I love the photos so much I am going to one of the stores in April for my birthday and I love seeing the photots of the store!!!!!

Georgia

15. Shannon says:

Aww thanks everyone!!!!
    Abby got: NY Foil Star Tee for her self and doll, Julie’s Pet Bunny, Nail Care Kit, Healty Smile Kit, Mckenna Doll, AG Drawstring Bag, the table talk cards, Chocolate Chip, Pet Hiking Set, AG Hooded Sweatshirt

16. Shannon says:

Oh and the portrait studio, and sending her MyAG off to the doll hospital

17. Sarah says:

Tht is darn adorable!! Hahaha!
    Shanon- What did you buy there?

18. Kalina says:

All these pictures are super cute! Makes me want to go to ag place! And Shannons daughter is adorable!

19. Gail says:

luv the b-room hook! wish I could get one installed in my home lol!
    Oh how I want a look a like doll!…
    Still waiting for her…

20. Melody says:

the bathroom thing craked me up. I am talking about the doll holder and the doll tub scene. 2 dolls, 2 dogs, 2 tubs, in a teny, tiny space. That face she is making is what I call the “Why in the world does the doll not have an umbrella but sugar does?” face or “Mommy its so cool! I want it! I want it! I want it! We’re super rich. You get money from work! Please, please, please, please. My doll will have to visit the hosbital again if you dont buy it for me! She will get wet!” face

21. Allyson says:

That looks like soooo much fun!!! glad she had fun :)

22. Caitlin says:

Couldn’t someone steal your doll from the doll holder? Some people are mean and would do that.

23. gail says:

The hook is in the stall with you sono worries there

24. Jen says:

How sweet! I love the expression in the picture with the dog in a raincoat. We have only ever been to the AG store at the Mall of America. I would love to take my girls to the NY store sometime though. I had to giggle at the picture taken in the bathroom. That is exactly the type of picture I take! The first time ever we went to a Rainforest Cafe I had to take a picture of the bathroom. My husband thought I was nuts :)

Thanks to Shannon for sharing all the great pics!

25. Gail says:

i likehat hand drier in the bathroom! it is hytech!

26. Gail says:

cute towels the dolls have

27. Dakota says:

I love going to New York! Shannon’s daughter is so cute! I would love to see all the Mckenna items in person, I might be going this June, so that’s something to look forward to!

28. Nyah says:

all of the McKenna items are coll but, you can make them at home. I made the balance beam and got everything from the dollar store. It only cost me $3!

29. Teeny says:

Love these pics! Did she take any of Marie-Grace and Cecile’s new items!
    Her daughter is so cute : )

30. Shannon says:

Abby got Marie-Grace for Christmas from her dad, she was really focusing on Mckenna and alot more assecories, I think that she relates more to the MYAG stuff because it’s modern. Although she does have Argos on her list lol.
    The dyson hand dries were really awesome Gail!!
    Nyah I would LOVE to know how you made your own balance beam!!! please share!!!
    On another note I was really upset I couldn’t purchase McKennas starter collection because they were sold out of the stuff to complete it, however I called customer service the next day and told them about it and they must charged my card for the prorated amount !! I will be getting the other stuff as it becomes available :) I love them !!!!!
    Also just an FYI youncan purchase A TWIN meaning not both, at the store or on a phone order !!! $65 I think?? That’s a great tip !!
    I just really really wish they had a rewards program of sorts :/ oh well I’m a loyal customer regardless !!!
    Thank you everyone for your wonderful compliments !

31. Char says:

Shannon – Here are the instructions for making a beam for the dolls from dollar store items. http://dolldiaries.com/doll-craft-make-a-balance-beam-for-your-dolls/

32. Shannon says:

Thanks Char!!!!

33. Ashley says:

That girl is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My cousins live in new york. When I go there we go to the store!

34. Jacsan says:

Thank you sooo much for sharing those pics. I live in PR, so no AG’s here. Hope I can visit one some day in a near future. I am planning on going to the NYP or the new Miami store when it opens.

35. April says:

I just noticed that American Girl have registered ‘American Boy’ as a potential trademark.
    I am sure it has been discussed somewhere on your site in the last few days, but I could find where.
    What do you think about it?
    My hope is they go down the historical line with it. It does say ‘Children’s books, comic books….’, so maybe it will be more a graphic novel or similar.

36. NikkiBear98 says:

omg, that is too cute! 4 some reason i am just dying to go to agpny again! i am hoping to get mckenna soon

37. ag luvr says:

i wouldve gone there over the march break, but my mom says that were busy. i under stand. my birthdays the week after and she still needs to know what i want!!! (mckenna)

• RSS