UPDATED WITH WINNER – Scroll down for to see who won.
Did you see the review and enter the giveaway (it closes the 15th) for the Doll Storage Trunk with Built in Bed from The Queen’s Treasures yet? If not – go look! If so, you will love this week’s giveaway. This week we are doing a giveaway for the doll-sized Steamer Trunk from The Queen’s Treasures that matches the big one.
Back in the old days when you traveled you were usually gone for weeks, maybe months at a time – especially if you were traveling by boat or taking a train. Suitcases were uncommon and people packed their belongings in something called a Steamer Trunk. The doll sized Steamer Trunk that The Queen’s Treasures sent us to review is very similar in style to one that girl’s during Samantha’s time frame may have actually used. Covered in beautiful Pretty in Pink and featuring faux leather straps, a metal clasp and reinforced corners, this doll sized trunk measures 9 inches x 6 inches x 7.5 inches.
Samantha is curious as to what she may find in her trunk! Steamer trunks frequently had removable trays for keeping your smaller items and necessities. The removable tray in this trunk is solid! It is the same high quality wooden material that is used for the rest of the trunk. As I have said before, I just can not get over the level of detail in The Queen’s Treasures pieces. Just beautiful!
It looks like Samantha’s purple dress fits nicely in her trunk with plenty of room for additional outfits, some shoes and of course – smaller accessories in the top tray.
Whether you have a doll with a historical background story or one that is a contemporary best friend, this steamer trunk is just a really nice storage piece. It looks beautiful on a dresser top or on a shelf and it is the perfect size to take your doll’s favorite outfits and accessories to her BFF’s house for a sleepover! The vintage styling makes it even more special.
Do you want one for yourself? We are giving away one Steamer Trunk for dolls below, but you can also get one directly from The Queen’s Treasures and there is an exclusive 15% off coupon for Doll Diaries readers on all The Queen’s Treasures orders by using the code DD15%OFF.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNER!! Morgane is the winner of the Queen’s Treasures Steamer Trunk for dolls.
What We Are Giving Away
- We are giving away the Doll Steamer Trunk from The Queen’s Treasures to one lucky winner.
How To Enter
- Visit The Queen’s Treasures web site and take a look around. The Queen’s Treasures has so many items that facilitate play, imagination, and the love of collecting, too. Leave us a comment below telling us what essentials your doll needs for her travels and what items from The Queen’s Treasures your doll would want to pack in her own Steamer Trunk.
- Get bonus entries by letting your friends know about our giveaway. Get one extra entry for each of the following, but come back and leave a second comment telling us where you shared it:
- Post about it on your own blog, in a forum, tweet about it or share it with your friends on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter (we are @DollDiaries and @TheQueensTreas) – please send us a tweet letting us know you are following us and introduce yourself, too.
- Like us on Facebook (we are DollDiaries and The Queen’s Treasures) – again, feel free to leave us a note on Facebook saying hello and that you are entering the giveaway.
- Leave your comment(s) no later than midnight November 23, 2011.
- Make sure your email address is right. We only use it to contact the winner and we will NEVER share it or publish it.
- You must be 18 or older to enter. If you are under 18, just ask your parent, grandparent, favorite aunt or uncle to enter for you!
- Due to shipping expenses for this large item, this giveaway is only open to US & Canadian addresses.
- We will be using the “And the winner is” plugin to select one (1) winner at random.
Disclosure: The Queen’s Treasures sent us the steamer trunk for purpose of review but the opinions of the products are our own!
P.S. We will be giving away two more awesome (and I mean AWESOME) items from The Queen’s Treasures in coming weeks – so be sure to check back!