UPDATE!! Scroll down to see who won!
It is time for another giveaway from our friends at Carpatina. Carpatina makes beautiful 18″ slim body dolls, are well-known for their Renaissance inspired doll clothes, and have a fun line of contemporary clothes for 18″ dolls. They recently added some new dresses to their shop and when I saw the Glitter Girl dress I knew I had to see it up close and personal. Let me just say now, the photos on the Carpatina site and my own photos of Julie modeling the dress do not do it justice.
This stunning white organza dress has satin and tulle layers that make it something special. The silver polka-dots shimmer from every angle and the bodice has beautiful pleated ruffles (that’s the best way to describe the detail) that give the dress a truly elegant line.
Perfect for a doll party, tea party or fancy dress up session, the Glitter Girl dress for 18″ dolls is extremely well made with attention paid to every detail. It snaps in the back and is cut generously so it would fit all American Girl dolls (and I bet it would look adorable on Bitty Baby too).
The dress is on sale now for $22.95 and does not include shoes. We found the fancy black patent leather shoes from the 2004 Winter Magic Outfit were the perfect match. Megan styled Julie’s hair – she did one braid on each side and pulled it all back into a sleek ponytail for a simple, elegant touch.
This is definitely one of my all time favorite dresses – such a classic style and the silver glittery polka-dots just put it over the top. And now, you can WIN it!
And the winner is…. Brandy! Thanks to all who entered. We have more giveaways on the way – check the sidebar for current giveaways.
What We Are Giving Away
- We are giving away a the Carpatina Glitter Girl Dress for 18″ dolls like American Girl to one lucky winner.
How To Enter
- Visit the Carpatina website and take a look around. Leave a comment below telling us what your favorite outfit is – is it one of the new dresses or is it a historical gown or is it one of their other beautiful gowns?
- Get bonus entries by letting your friends know about our giveaway. Get one extra entry for each of the following, but come back and leave a second comment telling us where you shared it:
- Leave your comment(s) no later than midnight December 2, 2011.
- You must use your real name and email address in the comment form below – don’t put your email address in the comment itself. We don’t share this information, we just use it to contact you if you win.
- If you are under 14, you need to get a parent’s permission to enter.
- We will be using the “And the winner is” plugin to select one (1) winner at random.