UPDATED WITH WINNER! Congratulations Ella – you are the winner of Emma! Please check your inbox.
Are you ready to meet the latest member of our doll family, PenPalGirls Emma AND get the chance to add Emma to your doll family, too? If so, keep reading!
PenPalGirls are 18″ soft-bodied vinyl dolls that make great friends for your other 18″ dolls. Ever since I was first introduced to PenPalGirls I have been fascinated by the process used for designing their faces and the progression. The back story on Cady (dark hair) and Emma (blonde) is that the owner of the company, Tina, wanted to give her girls the opportunity to learn more about their own heritage and cultures through doll play. Cady is Chinese and lives in Hong Kong and Emma is from England. Their fashions are inspired by different countries and cultures, as are the other activities on the PenPalGirls website. (You can read my review of Cady here.)
When Emma arrived, she was wearing her purple striped dress, but I LOVE red and could not wait to put her in the Red Sparkly dress PenPalGirls sent along with Emma. The angled tiers are very reminiscent of styles right now and the silvery cap sleeves give the dress a special touch. The red looks great with Emma’s blonde hair.
The sparkly peep toe flats with the bow are just adorable. Emma does stand nicely on her own, but her left foot tries to turn in if you don’t adjust it while posing her.
Now, let’s talk about Emma. First of all, the first thing I said to Natalie when I picked up Emma was how soft her hair is. Cady has longer, thicker hair, but is a bit coarser and almost feels dry to me. Emma’s hair is not as long and is much softer making it more fun to work with. The only complaint I have about her wig (and this is not just limited to PenPalGirls) is that there are a lot of little, short hairs around her scalp line so when you try to pull her hair up into a ponytail, you don’t get a smooth look. I also feel like the wig is a little thick right around the face but, I pulled Emma’s hair back gently and it gives us a better look at her face.
Emma has really pretty blue eyes – they have just a hint of green in them and work so well with her blonde hair. Emma and Cady share the same face mold, but Emma’s complexion is slightly lighter, she has those beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair.
Emma has had enough modeling for one day and changed into a t-shirt and comfy jacket from her new friends. She has Licorice curled up in her lap and she is watching April, Abby and Ivy setting up for Camp Doll Diaries. Wouldn’t you like Emma to go to camp with your dolls?
Emma looks like a supermodel in this photo from the PenPalGirls website. It is a photo of one of their new dresses (LOVE!!) that is available for pre-order right now.
SO, WHAT ARE WE GIVING AWAY?
We are giving away PenPalGirls Emma who will arrive wearing her meet dress, sparkly purple flats and a letter to ONE lucky Doll Diaries reader. (Valued at $85)
HOW DO YOU ENTER?
- Mandatory entry – visit PenPalGirls website and take a look around, get to know Emma and Cady and their sense of style then leave a comment below letting us know which outfit(s) you like best.
- Get bonus entries by letting your friends know about our giveaway. Get one extra entry for each of the following, but come back and leave a second comment telling us where you shared it:
- Post about it on your own blog, in a forum, tweet about it or share it with your friends on Facebook.
- Like us on Facebook (we are DollDiaries and PenPalGirls) – feel free to leave us a note on Facebook saying hello and don’t be shy about sharing it on your page.
- Follow DollDiaries on Pinterest (and feel free to pin the images from this post while you are at it ).
- Follow @DollDiaries and @PenPalGirls on Instagram – be sure to let us know you are entering the giveaway so we can follow you back.
- Leave your comment(s) no later than midnight June 2, 2013.
- Make sure your email address is right. We only use it to contact the winner and we will NEVER share it or publish it.
- You must be 13 or older to enter. If you are under 13, just ask your parent, grandparent, favorite aunt or uncle to enter for you!
- Due to the size of the prize, this giveaway is open to US addresses only.
- We will be using the “And the winner is” plugin to select one (1) winner at random.