Karen here, today I wanted to share an easy way to create a wooden side table for your doll to enjoy her tea or hot chocolate beside her favorite chair.
Using a few items from the craft store and some Folk Art Paint from Plaid. I was able to create this table in under 1 hour.
To create your own you will need:
- A bottle of Folk Art Paint, I used the color2906 Coffee Latte
- A foam paint brush
- A wooden candle stick (I got mine from Michael’s the craft store, mine was 7 inches tall)
- A Wooden Plaque (I got mine at the dollar store)
- Some quick drying wood glue, I used Kids Choice Glue! from Beacon
- A pair of pliers
- A paper plate or news paper to cover your work space
- A pencil
- *I found an air freshener that looked like a lamp at my dollar store and the tea cup and saucer from my tea set from The Queen’s Treasures.
Chair from my Doll Diaries tutorial http://dolldiaries.com/doll-play-day-71-make-a-stylish-seat-for-your-dolls/
Step 1- Assemble all your supplies
Step 2– Use your pliers to remove or bend back the brass colored candle cup inside your wooden candle stick. This will help your glue to form a strong bond with the top.
Step 3- Paint the base of your table, the candle holder and let it dry.
Step 4- Paint the top of your plaque which will be the table top, use your foam brush and make long even strokes. Let the wood dry, add a second coat of paint if you wish.
Step 5– Open your glue and add a ring of glue along the edge of the top of your painted candle stick holder. Turn over your plaque and find the center, you can make a mark with a pencil, then place the candle holder over the center mark and press it into place. Let the glue set and turn your table over.
Once your table is dry, invite your doll to sit back in her favorite chair to relax and enjoy her favorite cup of tea or mug of hot chocolate . I have so enjoyed sharing my craft ideas with you this year and I look forward to sharing more craft ideas for your dolls in 2014. From my house to yours Happy New Year!