I am so incredibly excited that the Maplelea company has let us be part of the build up to the release of their newest doll!! I am even more excited that they sent us the photo of the new doll before it goes live on the Maplelea website – especially for you!
Let’s meet Saila. That is pronounced “sigh-la,” in case you were wondering. Saila is from Iqaluit – the capital of the Nunavat Territory in the northern part of Canada. Saila speaks English and her native language of Inuktitut.
Remember the clues we got?
- She has a pet with four legs – you’ll have to wait until tomorrow to meet her furry friend.
- Some of her clothing reflects her family’s proud heritage – like her kamik (boots).
- She lives on an island in Canada – Baffin Island that is part of the Nunavat Territory.
- She speaks two languages—English and a language that begins with the letter “I” – that’s Inuktitut.
- There are no subways, railways or highways on her island.
- She likes to go jigging – a form of fishing through the ice.
So, visit the Maplelea website and meet Saila, her furry friend and learn more about her likes, culture and best of all – see all her fun clothes and accessories! You should definitely read the article they wrote about the making of Saila Qilavvaq of Nunavut, our newest Maplelea Girl – it is very interesting and goes to show how much research went into the making of Saila.
What do you think? Honestly, I think she is more original than any doll released recently. She has a look that is authentic, adorable and easy to relate to. I absolutely love her and can’t wait to see the rest of her collection.