McKenna Movie Trailer

The much anticipated An American Girl: McKenna Shoots for the Stars will be out this summer – specifically on DVD & Blu-Ray on July 3 and then July 14 at 8pm on NBC right before the Olympics. The trailer for the movie is out and can be on YouTube.

The official movie synopsis:

Meet McKenna Brooks™, a determined and confident young gymnast, in this all-new modern-day adventure. McKenna™ is on track to make the regional competitive gymnastics team but off-track in school, where she’s suddenly struggling to keep up. When her teacher suggests a tutor, she’s embarrassed and desperate to keep it a secret from her friends. Then a bad fall at the gym sidetracks her from her favorite sport. Will she recover in time to make the team? Can she succeed in school, too? McKenna™ needs to focus on her strengths to overcome her challenges – and, with the help of family and friends, find a way to believe in herself again.

Ok, what do you think? I think it is going to be very popular!

Thanks to multiple readers who emailed me this link overnight – it was a nice surprise to wake up to.

If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment, liking us on Facebook, or subscribing to the RSS feed updates via email or a Feedreader. Thanks!

Comments

1. Erin says:

Best. Movie. Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. sarah l says:

i love mckenna but this doesnt look as good as i thought :( but i will still give it a shot! :)

3. Chloe says:

The gl looks nothing like the doll!

4. qtlol10 says:

Cant wait 2 watch it on the premeire!

5. Megan says:

OMG!

6. cecille says:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

7. Anna-Marie says:

Am I going to see this movie? YES, YES, 100 times YES!!!!!!! If it’s produced by the same people who produced the Lemonade Mouth and Cheetah Girls movies, this one is gonna be good :) I’m sharing this movie trailer onto my Facebook page right now!

8. Annika says:

This looks awesome! I hope I get to see it!!!!

9. Lorie Ann says:

Going to be a great movie!

10. Vivy says:

The trailer reminds me of the early 2000-2006 movie trailers, which makes it so good :D

11. Dakota says:

It looks great, but it seems like they are making it more of a comedy, unlike the past ones, which kind of upsets me, but I still can’t wait!

12. Lena says:

It really doesn’t look that good, at least not like their previous movies. I find McKenna annoying.

13. Erica says:

I was hoping for some McKENNA NEWS TODAY!~ i AM SO HAPPY! tO BAD MY Computer dosn’t have sound. In ways the gynmastic tricks don’t seem really that real.But im not complaining. And Jade doesn’t seem much like McKenna in the books. Or Josie. But i still want to buy it on DVD. If i do i’ll porbly watch it a million times!!!! Ewww!!! CAN’T WAIT! Sorry! So happy! I have school test today so i probly will have McKenna in my mind the whole time.

14. Sharry says:

Looks OK, I guess. I got to meet Ian Ziering back when he was doing Beverly Hills 90210. He signed my shirt. I still don’t know why Julie can’t have a movie. She was out before McKenna. What’s up w/ that?

15. Char says:

I agree – Julie needs a movie!

16. cecille says:

looks great

17. Courtney says:

Wow… I couldnt be anymore disappointed. I already didnt care for Mckenna in the beginning, but this looks really boring. I will watch it only because it will be for free on TV in July… I would have rather seen a historical movie. I dont understand why AG doesnt make anymore historical movies, theyre so much better in my opinion. I would like to see a Kirsten, Addy, and Josefina movie… :/

18. Shauna says:

Doesn’t sound that great to me but I will still try to watch it on NBC. Julie definetly needs a movie.

19. Angiestarr says:

Looks cool, but I think the only reason I’ll watch this is because I’m a gymnast. Gymnastics ROCKS!!

20. NikkiBear98 says:

I agree with Char and Shauna. Julie and Ivy deffinatly need a movie. I thought a Julie Musical was going to be released this year…i guess not :( . The Historical Character movies are much better than the 2009 Chrissa movie, although I did enjoy it.

21. Laura says:

Looks cute! Of course, the only reason I’m looking forward to this is Nia Vardalos. I’m a sucker for her movies and find myself watching them again and again. ;)

22. brianna says:

OMG,best movie yet. I love the chrissa movie,becaue ,ik what it likme to get bullied,because every yer I get bullied and sometimes,its just hard to stand up for your self.and I slao have some reading prolmes,bujt I make it through it,just like Mckenna,I havea injury that puts me out of commiso for a long time,,and sometimes I am lucky if I can achieve my black belt in karate(next week my black belt test),so I know how mckenna feels,and I defintly be getting thisb on dvd!

23. Kellee says:

Do we know when this is going to be out on DVD??

24. Anastasia says:

This movie looks like it’s going to be a lot better than I thought it would be. Before I was sort of excited for it to come out, but now I really want to see it. : D

25. Kellee says:

Oh – sorry, I really need to read things before I post comments. I see it now – late July. :)

26. April says:

the movie looks good but i’ll wait to get mckenna i kinda like the MAG’s { my americangirls } better!

27. Katherine W says:

Cute! It looks really adorable so I will definitely will be purchasing it!

28. joyce says:

cant wait

29. Erica says:

This is funny i went to Holiday Inn today to take a test ( i’v been there before and recenly monday) and Kept thinking about McKenna. And there was a cafe there called McKenna. Justt hought that was funny.
    Where’s Serria? And the horses?

30. cecille says:

looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Sarah says:

I’m so excited now! Plus, I’ve had a glorious day today! This just adds to it. : )

32. Chloe says:

Lena, I agree half way. McKenna is is one if the worst gotys in my opinion. I think they could have did better.

33. Michaela says:

McKenna annoys me in this, sadly. She’s too whiny. Whatever happened to the Historical Character movies? Those were really good, and so was Chrissa’s. But I have a feeling this one won’t be. I don’t know.

34. Chloe says:

Well I guess I agree 1 quarter with lenas comment of mkenna being annoying and Sarah, not so good Of a day for me, after gym class anyway. I don’t like gym at all. I wasnt exited for his movie until the trailer…… But it doesn’t look bad from what I thought Itd be.

35. Chloe says:

But McKenna is whiny in the movie s little though which kinda annoys me…,,

36. MissCpFreaks says:

Did you know I’m officially buying McKenna? Yeah, I need her now. I LOVE this!

37. caroline says:

yay! Its my bday

38. Silja says:

I look forward to seeing it, but I’m not sure if I think it looks good or bad after seeing the trailer. McKenna does seem a little annoying in this, but might seem less so when one sees the whole movie. And I guess a movie isn’t necessarily bad simply becuase the main character is a bit whiny.
    Like the way the gymnastic parts are filmed.

Agree with those who wish for more historical AG movies! Chrissa’s movie was okay, but the historical ones are better.

39. I can’t wait for this movie to come out!

40. Char says:

Kellee – actually I just updated – the movie will be out on DVD July 3rd.

41. emma says:

This looks . . . disappointing. Compared to Chrissa and especially the historical movies this looks I don’t know. Kinda lame. Just my opinion. When I saw the trailer it reminded me of something you’d find on the Disney Channel. Sure enough, producer who did Lemonade Mouth and Cheetah Girls. The acting just doesn’t seem up to par with the previous films. I definitely think that Addy needs a movie, especially before she retires! I don’t have her, but I have some of her clothes and I LOVE her books! They are my favorite! Julie would be neat too, better than McKenna. Sorry, I am just not impressed.

42. Grace says:

Does anyone remember me? Grace? Used to come on here ALL THE TIME?

43. Erin says:

I don’t know how a few of you don’t like it! You must be crazy! It’s going to be the best movie ever in the history of movies itself! Also, Julie >DOESNTAT ALLNOTHING< compared to Kirsten's. She's quite a boring character anyway.

44. Char says:

Yes, we do and we missed you – welcome back!

45. Char says:

I find it interesting how people either love the movie based on the trailer or they don’t. I don’t expect the movie to be Oscar quality acting, but I do think it will strike a chord with many, many girls (and their parents) and will be entertaining. Having been a gymnastics coach for 25+ years and being the mom of a gymnast, I personally can’t wait for the movie. I will be judging it in comparison to Chrissa’s movie – which has been watched 100s of times in this house – and not against a historical movie (I liked Molly’s best, then Felicity, then Kit, then Samantha’s) because they are too different.

46. Lena says:

Hi Grace! *waves*

I’ll watch the movie THEN decide if it was worth it, but based soley on this trailer (and lets face it, trailers lie) I won’t like it. I agree, you can’t really compare to a historical movie, see as how historical movies are MUCH harder to film.

47. Erica says:

I know everyone is saying Julie is’t getting s movie, but you could be wrong Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas ( sorry, did i get her name wrong?) anouce a theatrical release for Julie’s movie in 2012.

48. Erica says:

Peobly the reason why Julie’s movie wasn’t planned to come out sooner becuase of McKenna’s movie. But then agian i could be wrong, just saying. But i emailed AG and they daid it was just an idea. But they are probly not alowed to tell. IDK.

49. Erica says:

I like the comady they put in it. But ( SPOILER ALERT! hee hee) I hope McKenna hurting her leg isn’t to exaderated. In Chrissa’s movie, Tylar’s injury was serious.

50. Lena says:

Julie’s movie was last heard about in 2009, never again. It died pre-production.