To celebrate Ancient Empires week at Doll Diaries I decided to show you how to make your doll into a Roman (or Greek) Goddess with a super easy toga costume craft.
- White flour sack towel or any piece of white fabric that is 26×28 inches.
- Gold ribbon
1. Fold your towel in half lengthwise.
2. Place your doll face down just right to the center. Top edge should be just under the doll’s underarms.
3. Take the right top corner and fold to the left and over the doll. Pull that same corner up to the dolls left shoulder.
4. Take the left top corner and fold over the doll.
5. Flip doll over. Bring top corner edges together over the dolls left shoulder.
6. Tie a double knot.
A headpiece was made with the same gold ribbon by looping it around the back of the head, crossing in front, and attaching it to the side of the head with bobby-pins.
My mother-in-law made me this amazing Egyptian Queen costume; it looks great next to the Goddess costume. My oldest daughter, a huge fan of the Percy Jackson series of books, loved how this Goddess costume turned out. I hope you do too!