Julie has been working very hard all week to get her garden ready for planting season but she was missing one thing – a gardening apron to put tools, seed packets, and her cell phone into.
To make Julie’s apron, you will need:
- An 8″x10″ piece of felt (I used Kunin blue)
- Coats and Clark embroidery floss
- Grossgrain ribbon
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- A large-eye embroidery floss needle
- Embellishments (I used a ribbon flower with Buttons Galore and More buttons in the center)
- PDF apron pattern (download now)
Step 1 – Download and print the apron pattern
Step 2 – Print and cut out around solid lines
Step 3 – Trace onto felt or fabric and cut
Step 4 – Fold and then use stitch of choice or fabric glue to close outside edges
Step 5 – Use a running stitch or fabric glue create center divider
Step 6 – Use Aleene’s Tacky Glue or other fabric glue to adhere ribbon on waistband
Step 7 – Embellish with flowers, buttons, stickers, or jewels
Julie and mini Julie have loaded up the wheelbarrow and are headed out to the gardening to plant some seeds.
What are you planting this spring?
In this scene:
- American Girl Julie & Mini Julie
- Julie is wearing her Camp Doll Diaries shirt which is available in our Etsy shop
- Wheelbarrow and garden tools from The Queen’s Treasures
- Concession table from My Doll’s Life