UPDATED with a WINNER!! Congratulations Bonjour Dollies (Chloe)!! Please check your inbox!
Okay girls, can you believe it? Another summer of Camp Doll Diaries is in the books – the scrapbooks that is! We have had so many fun memories and now, this week’s sponsor, Lemon Bay Doll Company is going to show us how to make beautiful scrapbooks for the dolls to keep the Camp Doll Diaries fun close by all year!
Be sure to read all the way to the end, because there is a giveaway too!
Wow! It has been an exciting, creative, amazing, adventure-filled summer — one worth remembering! To this end, we wanted to share a fun craft idea to help you and your dolls reminiscence over all the fun you’ve shared with Camp Doll Diaries! Sarah, a seaside camper on Florida’s Gulf Coast, will show you how to make a doll-sized scrapbook for your 18” pals.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• The printable pattern
• Cardboard (as from a cereal box)
• Glue stick
• Small hole punch (skewer, awl)
• Brads fasteners (2)
• Selection of decorative papers
• 1/8” ribbon (about 2 feet)
• Stickers, etc. to embellish
Start by printing the patterns onto cardstock and cutting them out. Trace the “Scrapbook Cover” pattern onto your cardboard two times. Use a pen to mark the cardboard where you will punch your fastener holes. Score on the lines where the cardboard will be bent to make a spine. Cut these pieces out.
Next, choose a decorative paper to cover the exterior of your scrapbook. Cut two pieces approximately ¾” larger than the cardboard. Trim the corners at an angle leaving about ¼” from the cardboard. Glue cardboard to center of the decorative paper. Fold the angled edges of paper over cardboard corners and glue.
Wrap and glue the flat paper edges over cardboard, leaving the hole punched edge for last. Punch holes through paper and cardboard where marked; wrap and glue this edge. Now, repunch the holes so all layers are punched.
Next, choose a decorative paper to cover the interior of your scrapbook and cut a 12” length of your ribbon. Cut your paper approximately 1/8” smaller all around than the cover. On the back of the paper, on one side, mark center and glue about ½” of your ribbon to the mark.
Glue the paper and ribbon to the back of your cover so the ribbon in on the side opposite the punched holes. Fold over the papers where the cardboard has been scored. We like to add a decorative tape to the folded edge for reinforcement but this is not necessary.
With both sides of your scrapbook covered, it’s time to cut interior pages. Using the “Scrapbook Pages” pattern, cut out as many pages as you would like to include in your scrapbook. We have found that 10 pages makes a great size and leaves enough space for the brads to close securely. Punch your interior papers using the guide on the pattern. Insert a brad fastener through the front cover of your scrapbook, and through all the pages. Repeat with second brad. Attach back cover and secure brads by spreading open.
Here is the finished scrapbook. Now, It is up to you to fill it with memories! We decorated our cover to celebrate “Summer by the Sea,” this last wonderful week at Camp Doll Diaries, 2015! What a summer it has been!
To see how Sarah filled her scrapbook, visit Lemon Bay Doll Co. on Facebook and see our Album “Summer by the Sea at Camp Lemon Bay.”
NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY!
Lemon Bay Doll Company’s Etsy shop is becoming known as the go-to place for custom wood 18-inch doll accessories – in other words pieces you have always fancied owning for your collection but could not find. Maybe the piece longed for represents a unique interest: an opera stage for a collection of Phantom of the Opera costumed 18-inchers, or a bee-keeping set for a daughter who is a budding apiarist. Perhaps there is a sentimental motivation: a barbecue that looks just like the one grandpa grills on whenever the grand kids are over. Sometimes pieces are needed to fit a particular space: a canopied trundle bunk bed for a college student’s cramped 1-bedroom apartment, or a roof-top fenced garden for a 12’ x 5’ x 4’ doll house. These are just a few of the exciting projects they have had the opportunity to work on. They love the challenge of taking an idea out of the realm of the imagination and bringing it into three-dimension. Bringing a customer’s dream piece to life becomes a collaborative effort, and in the end, they take pride in the knowledge they were an integral part of the creative process.
WHAT WE ARE GIVING AWAY:
One lucky Doll Diaries reader will win a $100 gift certificate to Lemon Bay Doll Company’s Etsy Shop
HOW TO ENTER:
- Mandatory entry – leave a comment below letting us know what you would like to see Lemon Bay Doll Company make that you have been unable to find or have always wanted OR what you like most in their store right now and why.
- Get bonus entries by letting your friends know about our giveaway. Get one extra entry for each of the following, but come back and leave a second comment telling us where you shared it:
- Post about it on your own blog, in a forum, tweet about it or share it with your friends on Facebook.
- Like us or share this post on Facebook (we are DollDiaries and Lemon Bay Doll Co)
- Pin one of our images on Pinterest and follow the DollDiaries board
- Follow us and give a shout out on Instagram (@dolldiaries)
- Favorite our Etsy shops (Lemon Bay Doll Co and Doll Diaries)
- Leave your comment(s) no later than midnight September 8, 2015.
- Make sure your email address is right. We only use it to contact the winner and we will NEVER share it or publish it.
- You must be 13 or older to enter. If you are under 13, just ask your parent, grandparent, favorite aunt or uncle to enter for you!
- This giveaway is open to US addresses ONLY.
- We will be using the “And the winner is” plugin to select one (1) winner at random.