UPDATE WITH WINNERS!! Congratulations to all – this was a spectacular way to kick off a new year!! Thanks to all who entered.
- Ava – Take a Bow
- Elly – Painting the Scenery
- Lindsey – Isabella and Anna Sewing
- Avery – Ivy’s Ballet Class
- Venus – In the Studio
Winners check your inbox!
I know you have been patiently waiting for me to announce the January Reader Photo Contest so here you go! In celebration of the new American Girl of the Year for 2013, Saige, and her love of the arts, this month’s theme will be the ARTS. Submit photos of your dolls being creative – whether they are painting, dancing, drawing, singing, acting, sculpting or doing anything creative that falls under the category of the arts, send it in.
And we have NEW PRIZES! Yep, all new. So if you were one of our winners last year, make sure you join in so you can win one of the new Doll Diaries shirts for dolls. The new shirts just arrived and click here to see what they look like.
To enter your photo READ CAREFULLY…
- Take a photo of your dolls participating in the arts
- RESIZE your photos to 540 pixels wide (this is easy to do using one of the free tools www.picmonkey.com, ipiccy.com or fotoflexer.com)
- Save your file as your first name and the date – for example – name-jan18.jpg
- Email your photo to email@example.com
- Put “JANUARY ENTRY” in the subject line (I get a ton of email & this will make it easier to sort through)
- Make sure you include your name and a description or caption for your photos
The rest of the details:
- Everyone is invited to submit ONE entry per day using the guidelines above.
- ALL DOLLS are encouraged to enter – American Girl, Maplelea, Springfield, Ellowyne, Barbie, Tonner, Bitty Baby, Monster High, and the list goes on! The more variety the better.
- We will draw 3 entries at random and 2 entries will be picked based on their creativity/excellence to receive an exclusive Doll Diaries Love t-shirt for 18? dolls (Thanks to My Doll’s Life for supplying the prizes).
- The event will run from January 18-27, 2013.
- If you are 13 and under you must have your parent’s permission to enter.
- We will only publish photos that are of good quality and appropriate for viewers of all ages.
- Again, photos MUST BE YOUR OWN – do not take someone else’s photo from somewhere else on the Internet and post it as your own. Doing so will get you banned from all future photo events on this site.
- By submitting your photo, you are granting DollDiaries.com permission to publish the photo along with your first name and the description you provide. We will never publish or share your email address or personal information. You are also granting us permission to use your photo on the DollDiaries Facebook page and/or YouTube channel.
The first 95 or so entries are below – please take the time to leave positive comments others’ entries. All NEW entries are being posted at the Gallery #2 so we don’t break the website.