UPDATED WITH A WINNER! Congratulations Lindsey. Please check your inbox.
One of the things that attracts me to doll collecting is the fashion side of things, specifically seeing fashion as a representation of history. The Queen’s Treasures is one of the few doll clothing/furniture companies that is actively making new fashions and accessories to that celebrate the various eras in history. When I was at Toy Fair in February, I visited with The Queen’s Treasures and fell in love with so many of their new items but specifically a few of these outfits. I picked out four outfits that represent four distinct times in history and we are giving them away as a set to one lucky reader!
Let’s take a look at each outfit a little more closely.
Belle is modeling the 1800s Style Sunday dress which is absolutely stunning. Photos just do not do this dress justice. It is the perfect shade of blue with tiny blue flowers, white trim, little bows, pleated sleeves and velcros up the back. Belle looks properly dressed for any Sunday outing. This dress would look beautiful on Felicity, Elizabeth, Caroline or any of your dolls “living in that era” – even if briefly.
Please excuse Ruthie’s wild hair – her curls were not cooperating. Anyhow she is modeling the Pretty Cotton Dress which has vintage inspired styling – perfect for the girls of the early 20th century. The dress comes with a headband, has a white collar, matching waistband and button detailing. Super cute!
How groovy is this dress? Julie looks so cool in the 1960’s inspired color-blocked dress in red, pink and white. This also comes with a white headband, but I did not put the headband on Julie – I like her hair how it was.
Annie is modeling the very “now” Rodeo Drive Shopping outfit (you can see even more photos of it on different dolls here). This outfit consists of he the white tee, skinny jeans and the faux leather jacket.
WHAT WE ARE GIVING AWAY
Four doll outfits from The Queen’s Treasures shown above (dolls and shoes not included).
SO, HOW DO YOU WIN????
- Mandatory entry – visit The Queen’s Treasures website and take a look around – leave a comment below letting us know historical items you think are neat and why.
- Get bonus entries by letting your friends know about our giveaway. Get one extra entry for each of the following, but come back and leave a second comment telling us where you shared it:
- Post about it on your own blog, in a forum, tweet about it or share it with your friends on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter (we are @DollDiaries and The Queen’s Treasures) – please send us a tweet letting us know you are following us and introduce yourself, too.
- Like us on Facebook (we are DollDiaries and The Queen’s Treasures) – feel free to leave us a note on Facebook saying hello and don’t be shy about sharing it on your page.
- Follow DollDiaries and The Queen’s Treasures board on Pinterest (and feel free to pin the images from this post while you are at it. )
- Follow @DollDiaries on Instagram – be sure to let us know you are entering the giveaway so we can follow you back.
- Leave your comment(s) no later than midnight September 28, 2013.
- Make sure your email address is right. We only use it to contact the winner and we will NEVER share it or publish it.
- You must be 13 or older to enter. If you are under 13, just ask your parent, grandparent, favorite aunt or uncle to enter for you!
- Open to all – US & International.
- We will be using the “And the winner is” plugin to select one (1) winner at random.