UPDATED WITH A WINNER! Congratulations Mary! Please check your inbox.
In celebration of A Girl for All Time’s Matilda winning yet another award, we are doing a giveaway for Matilda the doll, her book (Matilda’s Secret) and her Keepsake Activity Book. The National Parenting Center is the latest organization to recognize that the A Girl for All Time line of dolls is something special (we have known that for some time!!)
Matilda is a 16″ doll from A Girl for all Time and was the first in a series of dolls and books that bring English history to life through the eyes of young teens. Matilda’s story is about life in Tudor England where she is convinced nothing exciting will ever happen to her – until one day everything changes!
Matilda the doll is different than many of the play dolls we are used to here in the United States. Not only are her clothes historically accurate, but her facial features reflect the time period she is from – right down to her serious, solemn expressions. Her Keepsakes and Secrets book is amazing – with drawings, activities and a good mix of history and present day fun that really bridges history in a way that it makes it relevant to girls of today.
A look at Matilda’s very interesting Family Tree in her activity book. Other activities include recipes, Tudor hairstyles, designing your own gowns for Matilda, and creating jewelry with that Tudor vibe (or feel).
Matilda took a little visit to the Fairies today. You can really see how long her hair really is in this photo. It is very easy to care for, too.
I had a little fun messing with her hair and applying a filter on this photo – I like how it gives an “old” look to the photo.
You can read more reviews and see more photos of Matilda on Doll Diaries here.
WHAT WE ARE GIVING AWAY:
One (1) lucky winner will receive the A Girl for all Time Matilda doll, her Matilda’s Secret Book and Matilda’s Keepsakes & Secrets activity book as shown in the top photo.
HOW DO YOU ENTER?
- Visit the A Girl For All Time website and do some research on the entire A Girl for All Time collection. Come back here and share 3 interesting facts about the characters or the history/inspiration for the line. (don’t just copy what the person before you put – that will void your entry.)
- Get bonus entries by letting your friends know about our giveaway. Get one extra entry for each of the following, but come back and leave a second comment telling us where you shared it:
- Post about it on your own blog, in a forum, tweet about it or share it with your friends on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter (we are @DollDiaries and A Girl For All Time) – please send us a tweet letting us know you are following us and introduce yourself, too.
- Like us or share one of our photos on Facebook (we are DollDiaries and A Girl For All Time) – if you sign up for the A Girl for All Time mailing list via the Facebook app, you will be sent a discount code!
- Leave your comment(s) no later than midnight May 18, 2014.
- Make sure your email address is right. We only use it to contact the winner and we will NEVER share it or publish it.
- You must be 13 or older to enter. If you are under 13, just ask your parent, grandparent, favorite aunt or uncle to enter for you!
- We will be using the “And the winner is” plugin to select one (1) winner at random.