UPDATED WITH WINNERS! Congratulations to all our winners this month – please check your inbox.
- Kaylee – Sisters Forever
- RaeAnna – Valentine Speech
- Gracie – Celebrating Valentine’s Day
- Julie – Baking for a Friend
- Lubna – Yesterday’s Valentine
It’s finally here!! The Febraury Reader Photo Contest theme will be LOVE. Submit photos of your dolls doing what they love, dressed for Valentine’s Day, having a Valentine’s Day party, make your favorite photo into a Valentine like I did, or any thing along those lines!
The photo I used is one Natalie took recently – I just loved the angle and the fact that it was softly blurred. I opened it up in PicMonkey and used the Valentine tools to make it into a card. How creative can you get?
To enter your photo READ CAREFULLY…
- Take a photo of your dolls according to this month’s theme
- RESIZE your photos to 540 pixels wide (this is easy to do using one of the free tools www.picmonkey.com, ipiccy.com or fotoflexer.com)
- Save your file as your first name and the date – for example – name-feb14.jpg
- Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put “FEBRUARY ENTRY” in the subject line (I get a ton of email & this will make it easier to sort through)
- Make sure you include your name and a description or caption for your photos
The rest of the details:
- Everyone is invited to submit ONE entry per day using the guidelines above.
- ALL DOLLS are encouraged to enter – American Girl, Maplelea, Springfield, Ellowyne, Barbie, Tonner, Bitty Baby, Monster High, and the list goes on! The more variety the better.
- We will draw 3 entries at random and 2 entries will be picked based on their creativity/excellence to receive an exclusive Doll Diaries Love shirt for 18″ dolls (Thanks to My Doll’s Life for supplying the prizes).
- The event will run from February 14-21, 2013.
- If you are 13 and under you must have your parent’s permission to enter.
- We will only publish photos that are of good quality and appropriate for viewers of all ages.
- Again, photos MUST BE YOUR OWN – do not take someone else’s photo from somewhere else on the Internet and post it as your own. Doing so will get you banned from all future photo events on this site.
- By submitting your photo, you are granting DollDiaries.com permission to publish the photo along with your first name and the description you provide. We will never publish or share your email address or personal information. You are also granting us permission to use your photo on the DollDiaries Facebook page and/or YouTube channel.
Please allow 24 hours for your photo to be posted – I usually post them in batches – and take the time to leave friendly comments on the other entries, too.