Today’s activity is so easy I can’t believe I haven’t made this before! We are going to make a doll closet out of something most of you probably have in your room already – the box your 18″ doll came in!
There are so many things you can do with doll boxes – from making a doll bed or couch, to making a doll shower stall, to a bookshelf for your dolls, but one of the easiest things to do with a doll box (or a shoe box will work, too) is make a place to hang doll clothes. You could make one and just use it in your doll’s room, or make a few and set up a doll boutique and let your dolls go shopping. You can leave it fairly plain or get creative and decorate it – your choice.
To make the super easy doll closet:
- Step 1 – Start with the box your 18″ doll came in or a shoebox.
- Step 2 – Measure down 3″ from the top on each side and make a small pencil line across. Measure 3/4″ from the front of the box along that same line and make an X. Do this on both sides.
- Step 3 – With help from a grown up, poke a hole through the box on each side on the X.
- Step 4 – Slide a wooden skewer, wooden dowel or rod through the holes to make a hanging rod for clothes. If your box is narrow, you could even use a pencil for the hanging rod.
- Step 5 – Slide beads and glue a pom pom on each end of the rod to finish it off and….
You are done! Hang your doll’s clothes on the rod and you are ready to play dress up, shopping trip or just organize your doll’s collection.
Today is one of those super crazy days – swim practice, drama camp drop off, dentist appointment, grocery store, drama camp pick up and then a summer swim meet – so needless to say, no printable today! Have fun creating your doll closet and feel free to send in photos if you make this or any of our activities!