It is a bonus craft day!! My friend Jen from 100 Directions has a super easy tutorial for making doll sandals for us today and if you follow the link at the bottom of the post she has a tutorial for an easy doll sundress on her site, too.
The girls need some fabulous footwear just in time for summer! Here’s a quick tutorial to help you make your dolls a pair (or 10) of cute sandals using recycled stuff from around the house. No worries, you don’t need to sew either, yay!
I made these sandals for an 18” doll, but you could do the same thing for whatever size doll you have.
Materials you need:
- Craft glue
- Recycled cardboard (like a cereal box) or you could use fun foam
- Scrap ribbon or rick rack
Steps to make your doll fun summer sandals
1. Using your pencil, trace your doll’s foot on to the piece of cardboard.
2. Cut out the shape and make sure it’s the same size or slightly bigger than your doll’s foot.
3. Cut 3 more pieces of cardboard using the first as a guide. Make sure that two pieces are reversed so you have a right and a left shoe.
4. Hold 1 piece of cardboard against your dolls foot, blank side against the bottom of the foot.
5. Wrap ribbon all the way around the foot, leaving a little extra to overlap. Glue in place and let dry.
6. Add glue all over the bottom of a second piece of cardboard and place it on the bottom of the shoe. This will give a little extra hold to the strap and cover the writing side of the recycled cardboard.
You can add extra sparkle to the shoes or even paint to decorate… make a gazillion pairs! A girl’s gotta have shoes for every outfit, right? I also have a tutorial to show you how to make a no-sew sundress for your doll too!
If you make these sandals, I’d love to hear about it and see your fabulous creations!