I love the holiday season and one of the things I find the most fun is wrapping the gifts I make and buy for others. I thought it would be fun to make some doll sized gift boxes that you can make then fill and reuse, using items you may already have on hand.
To make today’s craft you will need:
- a box from a bar of soap
- Holiday wrapping paper with small printed patterns or plain
- reusable craft ribbon
- Small handmade gift for your doll to put inside or leave empty it is up to you
- Step 1– cut enough wrapping paper to cover the box entirely
- Step 2– wrap the box as you normally would wrap a gift but leave one end open
- Step 3– for the end you have left open you will need to cover the flaps with the gift wrap and secure the paper to the inside of the larger flaps with tape
- Step 4– tape down the smaller flaps on the inside with the wrapping paper as shown below
- Step 5 – fill your box with a gift and/ or fold your flaps down. Secure them with the ribbons.
Now your gift is ready for a Dolly Gift exchange.
Make sure not to knot the ribbon so you can use the ribbon and box over and over.
If you are looking for items to put in for your doll how about a hand made gift of a hair band and skirt made from a previous post on my blog, you can find the tutorial at http://karenmomofthreescraft.blogspot.com/2011/01/handsewn-18-inch-doll-skirt-and-hair.html. Or a fun hand sewn sleep mask for your doll from a tutorial on my blog http://karenmomofthreescraft.blogspot.com/2011/03/make-your-doll-hand-sewn-sleep-mask.html.
There are so many other wonderful items you can make and put inside the box, the possibilities are endless. I look forward to sharing more ideas with you next week.