This weekend, I understand is the start official start of BBQ season in the USA. So today I thought it would be fun to show you how to make your own No Sew BBQ Aprons and “burger patties” for your dolls using items you may already have on hand.
To create today’s Memorial Weekend Craft you will need:
- An Apron Pattern (click to download pdf)
- Fun foam in red, white or blue for traditional colors or whatever you have on hand
- Red, white and blue felt for the apron’s stars
- 4 pieces of 12 inch ribbon, string or yarn in coordinating colors
- Hole punch
- Glue Dots or glue gun with glue sticks
- *Brown, light brown, tan fun foam and Black Felt pen for Hamburgers or Veggie Burgers
- *Felt doll BBQ tutorial by Karen
Step 1- Print out and cut out your apron template.
Step 2- Fold your fun foam in half so that the middle of your pattern piece is on the fold as shown in the photos above.
Step 3- Trace and cut out your apron from the fun foam.
Step 4- Transfer the “X” markings to your cut out apron front. These will be where you punch your holes for the apron strings.
Step 5- Use your hole punch and punch out the four holes as shown in the photos above.
Step 6- Thread your apron strings through the holes and tie a knot on what will be the backside of the apron. Repeat this step on all the apron holes.
Step 7- Trace and cut out your star shape from your felt (you can also use fun foam, stickers or write a saying such as “Kiss the Cook” on the front of your apron if you choose).
Step 8-Use your glue dots or your glue gun with parents help to layer your stars and attach them to your apron front.
Step 9- Place your finished apron on your doll, tying the apron strings behind her back and neck.
Step 10- Create your “Burgers” you can use dark fun foam for beef, lighter brown for chicken or lighter tan still for Veggie Burgers, cut circles out of your foam and then draw “grill marks” on them.
I hope you enjoy your Memorial Day weekend and the start of BBQ Season.
In today’s scene:
- AG Doll Ruthie
- Springfield Doll Maria
- Photographed on my American Girl Doll Room