Remember, this is Karen’s regular Friday craft post. Day 22 of the 100 Days of Doll Play will be posted later this afternoon.
Let’s make watermelon for your dolls using what ever craft supplies you have on hand.
To begin with you will need:
- red,green and black construction paper, fun foam, felt or *oven bake polymer clay
- black marker
- a ruler
- * if using polymer clay you will need
- wax paper
- cookie sheet
- oven for baking
- oven mits
Step 1- using your paper measure from one of the corners 1 1/2 inch and make a mark. Draw a half circle from one corner to the other as shown below.
Step 2- Cut out your pattern out and use it to cut out two, red pieces and one out of green
Step 3- apply glue to your red triangles and place them on top of the green triangle leaving some of the green showing.
Step 4- use your marker to make “seeds” on your watermelon. Let dry and you are ready to share with your dolls!
To make the watermelon with polymer clay, you will need polymer clay in pink or red, green and black.
- Step 1- roll out some green to create the rind
- Step 2-flatten the pink and then use your scissors and cut a triangle, press it into the green rind as shown
- Step 3-make tiny black seeds out of your black and press into your triangle on both sides
- Step 4- bake according to manufactures directions cool and serve to your doll
You can set up a back yard watermelon party for your dolls using items you have on hand.
The dresses that my dolls Abby and Madison are wearing were made by a lady named Betty for me. Saila’s outfit is one I made. Hair clips were made by Amber Krystyna Creations Etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/tricialeigh?ref=pr_shop_more). Back ground by American Doll Room.
I look forward to sharing more ideas with you next week!