While the official kick off of the 31 More Days of Doll Play isn’t until tomorrow, your dolls can start getting in the holiday spirit now with this simple, yet adorable craft from Karen!
Let’s make Doll Image Keepsake Holiday Balls for your tree using items you may already have at home.
To make today’s craft you will need:
- white craft glue
- paint brush
- a non-breakable holiday ball
- images of your dolls you would like to use, print or cut out of magazine or use American Girl Stickers
- ribbon or pipe cleaner to hang your holiday balls
Step 1– cut out your image out, choose one that will fit on the ball
Step 2– add glue to your ball and use the paint brush to spread the glue
Step 3– lightly press your image into the glue
Step 4– add more glue to the image with your paint brush, lightly brushing glue over your image
Step 5– let it dry completely (I left mine overnight)
Step 6– slip a ribbon or pipe cleaner, through the top of the Christmas Ball so it can be placed on the tree or in your dolls hand for display
Today I used:
- My American Girl Doll Ruthie wearing a Harmony Club Doll Dress Starlight Gown
- My Australian Girl Doll Emily
- My Maplelea Friend Doll “Stacy”
- Photographed in my American Doll Room
- Christmas tree from Walmart
- Christmas Balls from the dollar store
I hope you enjoyed today’s quick craft!