Angry Birds is a hugely popular game and let me say, these costumes are just too cute for words!! We are so lucky to have Karen share all her fun ideas with us each week.
Angry Birds costumes are going to be such a big hit this Halloween! Today I am sharing how to make easy, fun foam Angry Birds costumes for your dolls, but with a little extra effort and a large piece of poster board, you could make matching ones for yourself!
To make the Red Bird and Pig Angry Bird costumes you will need:
- Red fun foam
- Green fun foam
- White fun foam
- Black fun foam
- Yellow fun foam
- Ribbon (8- 12 inch piece of ribbon 4 red 4 green)
- A pencil
- A hole punch
- A 6.5 inch bread and butter plate (the smallest side plate you have)
- A black felt marker
How to make the Red Angry Bird costume:
- Trace around the small plate on red fun foam and cut it out.
- Cut the half circle out of the white fun foam.
- Cut out the rest of the shapes out “freehand.” (If you are worried about not cutting the shapes out correctly you can print out an image of the red angry bird. Trace the shapes onto white paper, cut them out and use them as your pattern. My printer stopped working so I tried it without and I love how it turned out.)
- For the eyes use a black marker to outline the eyes and create the pupil.
- Place the shapes on the red circle where you want them to be glued down first, then began gluing down the shapes in place.
- When the glue is dry use the hole punch and punch 4 holes.
- Cut 4 pieces of ribbon 12 inches long and feed through the ribbon each of the holes and tie a double knot.
- Tie the costume on your doll like you would an apron.
How to make the Pig Angy Bird costume:
Making the Angry Birds Pig costume is pretty similar to making the Red Bird – cut, glue and go.
- Cut out the circle the same way as you did the red one and then cut out the other shapes as well.
- Place them on the circle and glue them down.
- When it is dry punch 4 holes for the ribbon as you did on the bird costume.
- Use 4 – 12 inch pieces of ribbon for the Pig Costume.
I had so much fun making these costumes and I hope you like them too. Of course, you can use the same basic instructions and ideas to make any of the Angry Birds characters for your dolls.
Stop by next Friday for more doll craft fun with Karen of Karen Mom of Three!