It is almost time for collecting love letters, love notes and sweet treats. Yes, Valentines Day is coming up in a few weeks and if you are like me, you LOVE holidays and are already preparing for February 14th! Isabelle has her own DIY Valentines Day Doll Tote and she is getting excited.
You can make this tote bag in any size with any canvas tote. This one was made especially for our newest American Girl doll to collect Valentines on her first Valentines Day. I just wonder if she will get lots of Valentines with a dancing, ballet and sparkle theme.
To make this tote bag, in addition to a mini canvas tote you will need the following supplies:
How to do it…
- The first step is to doodle a heart on the bag with Elmer’s School Glue. Let it dry completely and it will act as a resist to the dye.
- Once it is dry, prepare your dye bath in a jar with hot water and the liquid dye then dip it in the colors. I did the top half in one and the bottom in the other. Note that the handle might not dye if it is made of polyester.
- Rinse the bag completely until the water runs clear then let it dry and iron it.
- Add ribbons to embellish the handle if you wish.
- If your white resist is too thin, you can use Elmer’s Painter pen in white to make it wider.
Next week, I will be sharing Isabelle‘s personalized Valentines and how she made them into gifts to give her new friends so come back by and check it out. Until then, have a great week being creative and celebrating life with your beautiful dolls.