UPDATED – Congratulations to our winners! Please check your inbox.
- Sydney – Too Big! (Reader’s Choice Award)
- Courtney – Hanging Stockings
- Gwen – The First Christmas
- Marjorie – Holiday Concert
- Stephanie – Historical Holiday Gathering
Based on the number of holiday related photos you all have been sending in, posting on Instagram and Facebook, I am sensing that you and your dolls are getting ready for the Dollidays! Yes, Dollidays – not an original term – but one we can use to celebrate any occasion you and your dolls may be celebrating in the month of December! Happy Dollidays will be the official title of this month’s reader photo contest. Read on for details on how you can enter.
Awe struck by all the lights and ornaments in the living room, Tudor girl Matilda just doesn’t know what to think! From left to right we have Carpatina Celtic Princess Rowena, A Girl for All Time Amelia from Victorian Times, A Girl for All Time Matilda from Tudor Times, and Carpatina Erin wearing Elizabeth’s Colonial meet outfit.
To enter your photo READ CAREFULLY…
- Take a photo of your dolls enjoying any holiday related activity – from a Tacky Sweater Party to decorating the Christmas tree or anything in between
- RESIZE your photos to 540 pixels wide (this is easy to do using one of the free tools www.picmonkey.com, ipiccy.com or fotoflexer.com)
- Save your file as your first name and the date – for example – name-dec10.jpg
- Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put “DECEMBER ENTRY” in the subject line (I get a ton of email & this will make it easier to sort through)
- Make sure you include your name and a description or caption for your photos
The rest of the details:
- Everyone is invited to submit ONE entry per day using the guidelines above.
- ALL DOLLS are encouraged to enter – American Girl, Maplelea, Springfield, Ellowyne, Barbie, Tonner, Bitty Baby, Monster High, and the list goes on! The more variety the better.
- We will draw 3 entries at random and 2 entries will be picked based on their creativity/excellence to receive an exclusive Doll Diaries Love t-shirt for 18″ dolls (Thanks to My Doll’s Life for supplying the white tees so I could make the shirts).
- The event will run from December 9-19, 2012.
- If you are 13 and under you must have your parent’s permission to enter.
- We will only publish photos that are of good quality and appropriate for viewers of all ages.
- Again, photos MUST BE YOUR OWN – do not take someone else’s photo from somewhere else on the Internet and post it as your own. Doing so will get you banned from all future photo events on this site.
- By submitting your photo, you are granting DollDiaries.com permission to publish the photo along with your first name and the description you provide. We will never publish or share your email address or personal information. You are also granting us permission to use your photo on the DollDiaries Facebook page and/or YouTube channel.
Entries will appear below – please allow up to 24 hours for your photos to be posted and please take the time to leave positive comments others’ entries.