Karen here, as Easter approaches I wanted to share an easy and fun way to create your own Sparkly Egg Decorating Play Set from items you can easily find at a craft or dollar store near you! I was able to create my play-set for under $10. I loved the Egg Decorating Set that American Girl offers and when I walked into my craft store I was thrilled to find small eggs in mat and sparkly finishes to create today’s play set.
To create your own doll sized Sparkly Egg Decorating Play set you will need:
- 1 extra small paper doily
- A glue gun with glue or glue dots
- A pony bead
- A Easter Themed Cupcake topper or you can use two Easter stickers on a Tooth Pick
- 1 package of 6 mini stamps inked stampers (I got mine in the party section of my dollar store, $1.25 for 6, I used the bottoms as egg cups, you can use the little stamps for stationary and play even once they have dried out)
- 1 package of nail design set mini bottles with sparkles inside ( my dollar store sells this kit for $1, 6 bottles just happened to be the same color as the mini eggs I bought)
- 1 package of Celebrate it Easter Egg Ornaments 32 per package regular matte finish ($3.99 at my Micheal’s store bought with the 40% 0ff coupon)
- 1 package of Celebrate it Easter Egg Ornaments 32 per package sparkly finish ($3.99 at my Micheal’s store )
- 1 lid from a small jar ( I used the lid from a jar of Maraschino Cherries from Walmart)
Step 1- Assemble all your supplies. If using hot glue plug your glue gun in or use a few glue dots on the top of the lid and press the paper doily into place.
Step 2- Add a dab of glue or a glue dot in the center of the doily covered lid and press your pony bead into place.
Step 3- Add a dab of glue to the bottom of your cupcake topper, if you are making your own place a sticker at the top of the tooth pick and place another sticker behind it “sandwiching” the toothpick and put the other end of the tooth pick in the pony bead. Use more glue to secure it in place.
Step 4- Open and remove the stampers from the small containers, store your stampers in a zip lock bag for use another time or let dry out completely and add to your doll play collection. Add a glue dot or dab of glue in each little cup and place one of the sparkle eggs as shown in the photo above.
Step 5- Open the package of tiny jars of sparkles, leave them in their little jars, and place them with the eggs in cups on the Easter Doily Platter you created. Open Matte finished eggs and add some to your table and play set so it looks like the “before” eggs for your decorating set. You can place a glue dot and matte egg in a little cup so it looks like you are in the process of dyeing the sparkly eggs!
Now you are ready to set your table for and Easter Egg Sparkly Decorating Dolly Party!
I hope you enjoyed today’s doll play craft! I used My American Girl Doll Ivy and My London Guy Doll Ollie for today’s post. I look forward to sharing more doll play crafts and ideas again with you soon!