Karen here, continuing with my love of all things Spring I had an idea to make Spring Themed Wooden Bookends for my dolls books and could not wait to share it with you. With a few items I picked up from the craft store this fun craft came together in under 20 minutes!
To make your own bookends you will need:
- 1 package of wooden squares 1 1/4 inch ( I used Lara’s crafts 10721 I purchased at Michaels the craft store, there are 5 pieces in each package)
- Two fun spring like shapes for your bookends ( I used ArtMinds Butterfly shapes, there were 4 in a package)
- Paint (I used FolkArt Plaid Paint in Citrus Green)
- Craft glue or glue gun (I used Kids Choice Glue by Beacon)
- Paper to cover your work area
- * Your dolls’ books to display
Step 1- Assemble all your supplies and cover your work area.
Step 2- Open your wood square package and paint each square, let them dry and add a second coat covering the other side and all the edges.
Step 3- When your squares are painted it is time to make the “L” Frames for your bookends. Run a line of glue along the edge of one square. For the first bookend you will make an “L” Shape . Press another square vertically in place as shown in the photo above. Let dry.
Step 4- Repeat step 3, but make your “L” shape backwards and let dry.
Step 5- Once your “L” shapes are dry it is time to add the butterflies. Add a dab of glue to the side and bottom of your L shapes as shown in the photo above. Place your Butterfly Shapes in the glue and hold in place until the glue sets hard enough to hold it in place and continue drying. If you use hot glue it is almost instant.
Once your bookends are dry you can place them on your dolls dresser or on your dolls shelf and place her books between them!
I hope you enjoyed today’s craft and I look forward to sharing more doll play and craft ideas with you again next week!