So the world is on Royal Baby Watch this week – expecting the newest royal to make an appearance any day now – so isn’t it fitting that the theme for Camp Doll Diaries should be “In the Castle?” Even crazier, is that back in early May, Karen, Anna and I set the entire summer of Camp Doll Diaries themes and took an educated guess that this would be a great week for a royal theme – and we were right. So we have some fun castle/royalty themed activities planned for this week – we hope you will like them.
First I apologize for the quality of this photo, but the good camera is out on a “field trip” of sorts with my boys today. Carpatina Celtic Princess Rowena, American Girl Ruthie (wearing a Carpatina gown) and A Girl for All Time Matilda are enjoying a cup of tea while talking about the events planned for the week. The table, chairs and tea set are all from The Queen’s Treasures.
Some of the supplies you will need this week include:
- Wooden Frame (check craft store, specifically AC Moore for $1)
- Craft Paint
- Aluminum Foil
- Wide Ribbon or Metallic Mesh Roll
- Optional Buttons and Ribbon
- Glue or Adhesive
- Optional Glossy Top Coat
- Cardboard box (My box is 11 1/4″ long by 7 1/2″ wide by 4 1/4″ high. I am using a cuties box. A shoebox would also work.)
- Thin cardboard (the kind used for cereal boxes.)
- Regular cardboard
- Quilt batting
- Trim (I am using Bling on a Roll. You could also use ribbon, jewels,or buttons)
- Gold duck tape (You could use wrapping paper or spray paint)
- A Sewing Needle
- Thread in various colors
- Your Doll’s Tea Pot
Remember to use our ideas and instructions as guidelines – you can always substitute something different if needs be.